Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

Can't argue with the success he's had at every stop. In a strange way there are plenty of similarities to what he accomplished at James Madison and what he'll be facing at IU. He took a FCS program to D1 and hit it out of the park. In our case we are a bottom tier P5 football school that is trying to find it's way in the world of NIL and Portal. 

Leadership can't be manufactured and I think this guy has it. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't argue with the success he's had at every stop. In a strange way there are plenty of similarities to what he accomplished at James Madison and what he'll be facing at IU. He took a FBS program to D1 and hit it out of the park. In our case we are a bottom tier P5 football school that is trying to find it's way in the world of NIL and Portal. 

Leadership can't be manufactured and I think this guy has it. 

#Cig

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Of course.

Truthfully, we need to make it a "thing". Hopefully we are smoking 6-10 cigars a year in football season!! 

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

After the last 48 hours, I may take up smoking…

On a semi related note, would a celebratory cigar work, or does it have to be a cigarette?

Who knew Zander was Nostradamus?

635529619718490397-Zander-Diamont.thumb.jpg.d649d281d00c6a04a2931cb7f99947d0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"I am excited to lead this program forward and change the culture, mindset, and expectation level of Hoosier football," Cignetti said. "I want to thank Director of Athletics Scott Dolson and President Pam Whitten, and I look forward to working with both in building something special at IU. Both share my vision and belief that big things are ahead for the IU program."

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm not going to act like I have any idea if he will work out or not, because I don't.  I like what I've read about him though and will be cheering like heck as always.  Welcome to IU, Coach.  

He'll work out just fine, if he comes here and reads tips about strategy and recruiting. You know the dos and don'ts. :)

• Haha 4

If we are going "all in" with throwing money for NIL, this is the best option available to do it with. Consistent winner, as good at portaling as anyone, etc... I don't think we can look back in a few years and wish what could've been with someone else.

Dude wins everywhere. If we fail, we did what we could.

• Like 6

The next month is a blast:

1. Which IU guys in the portal will be asked back

2.  Who will be on his staff

3.  Which players from JMU will he bring here

4.  Who is he going to get from other schools in the portal

5.  Who is he going to try to flip in high school recruiting (he knows the south but he could look into the top 20 in state kids who might give a fresh look to the home state school)

6.  Which high school coaches will he use as intermediaries to communicate with kids at other college programs (think the Center Grove coach)

30 days from now, alot will have happened

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5