IUFB Roster 2024

btownqb

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’m just guessing but the several kids who have de-committed were probably not re-offered.  Would that be your 

100% but can't say ALL of them are in that category. 

I understand the end product is the same, but there is a difference between decommitting and a new staff not being interested in you. 

🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

On 12/3/2023 at 5:37 PM, btownqb said:

I think the phrase-- "blessed to be re-offered" was strategically placed in that post. JMO and as always, I have cream and crimson glasses.  

I really like what he said here....

“I’ve always been big on finding a home and being loyal to where I’m at, and I think I’m loyal to IU,” Kosin told The Daily Hoosier in a phone interview. “I love the campus, I love the place. And I’m falling in love with the coaches now, again.”

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I really like what he said here....

“I’ve always been big on finding a home and being loyal to where I’m at, and I think I’m loyal to IU,” Kosin told The Daily Hoosier in a phone interview. “I love the campus, I love the place. And I’m falling in love with the coaches now, again.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-tight-end-commit-brody-kosin-quickly-bought-into-curt-cignetti/

Lots of good stuff here.. notice Texas and Mich St offered once we fired CTA. 

• Like 2

Justin Joly TE from Connecticut is visiting. 6'3 235lbs. He was 6'3 190lbs as a SR in HS.. rated the 343rd best WR in the country. 

He had 1 D1 offer. 

He had 500+ yards receiving last year. 

Since Monday-- Tennessee, Nc St, Houston, and IU have offered. 

----------------------------

2022 MAC POY Kurtis Rourke was offered. He was rared the 2200th recruit in his class. 

Since transferring-- Vandy, BYU, and Wake have offered. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

We might need an "incoming transfer" thread... 

In the mean time.. I sincerely hope Jordan McCloud is our starting QB next season.. 

Clear talent there. Seems to understand the offense well, distributes on time and accurately. 

Yeah.  In my very uninformed view, seemed very quick recognition of open man.  

• Like 1

Rourke was banged up in 2023 but was MAC player of the year in 2022.  6’5, 230 and looks good in the pocket but can move a bit too.  Not a statue by any means.  

McCloud has the advantage of knowing the system.  He’s creative.  I’m happy either way.

You get one of these vets and you pair him with a freshman like Cherry.  Let TJ and Lowry compete.  

CCC has a tremendous track record with quarterbacks.  “Process oriented.”   I think he will be very attractive to quarterbacks because he and his staff (Sunseri and Shanahan) are excellent with the position.  

I think we might lose some guys but we will reassemble.  It’s going to be year one so miracles aren’t expected.  But I do expect a sound team that will make plays that matter and won’t kill themselves.  Then we build from there over time.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Rourke was banged up in 2023 but was MAC player of the year in 2022.  6’5, 230 and looks good in the pocket but can move a bit too.  Not a statue by any means.  

McCloud has the advantage of knowing the system.  He’s creative.  I’m happy either way.

You get one of these vets and you pair him with a freshman like Cherry.  Let TJ and Lowry compete.  

CCC has a tremendous track record with quarterbacks.  “Process oriented.”   I think he will be very attractive to quarterbacks because he and his staff (Sunseri and Shanahan) are excellent with the position.  

I think we might lose some guys but we will reassemble.  It’s going to be year one so miracles aren’t expected.  But I do expect a sound team that will make plays that matter and won’t kill themselves.  Then we build from there over time.  

If we walked into next year with a QB room of--- 

McCloud/Rourke 

TJ 

Lowry 

Cherry/JMU decommit (Can't remember his name)

Wow.. I would love that. That's serious depth/competition. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2