IUFB Roster 2024

btownqb

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Quite the haul-and early Christmas present. All seem accomplished. I have to wonder how they will fit in here. Can they be as successful against top 10 teams? Will they still be on track to graduate on time in their majors? Figure most of the friends are on the football team but will they be leaving behind girlfriends? Certainly says a lot about their respect for Coach C. 

I think these guys will bring leadership and be quality depth pieces. I don't think every JMU transfer will be starting. Most of these guys have one year of eligibility. This is a smart way to ensure you have a solid base. He's trying to win in year one. It's much more of a risk to bring in guys he doesn't know. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think these guys will bring leadership and be quality depth pieces. I don't think every JMU transfer will be starting. Most of these guys have one year of eligibility. This is a smart way to ensure you have a solid pieces. He's trying to win in year one. It's much more of a risk to bring in guys he doesn't know. 

I am sooooo looking forward to kicking UCLA's arsz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think what coach is doing is exactly what I wanted in a coach.  While I was asking for a big name what I really wanted was someone that wouldn’t come in and hope for a winning season 3-4 years from now.  With the new BIG the investment and expectations of winning need to start immediately and clearly CCC is all in on that thought process.  CCC has the swag and expectations of a big time coach and I love it.  Bringing in players that know him and what he expects can set that tone with the other players in the locker room, and is going to translate to the playing field.  I expect way less dumb penalties next year for example.

Exciting times people!

Edited by iuthruandthru
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Common Sense said:

Oh boy.  Sounds like you are either having a bad week or don't know football.  Merry Christmas and tomorrow the sun rises again.  

Dude still thinks our route to success is recruiting Top 300 guys on 247/ESPN. It's wild. 

But we're to the point its just trolling. Notice it, and move on, is what we'll have to resort to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dude still thinks our route to success is recruiting Top 300 guys on 247/ESPN. It's wild. 

But we're to the point it’s just trolling. Notice it, and move on, is what we'll have to resort to. 

Yeah.

1.  We have a handful of JMU guys in combination with IU players.  It’s not like we have only JMU players.  
2.  We cherry picked productive players who were mostly the best they had.  We don’t have their scrubs.  

3.  Almost all of them were all conference and are coming in with experience.  
4.  They were a good team who actually made a bowl game.  
5.   I would have been frustrated if we didn’t get several guys from JMU.  I think I posted, sight unseen, that I wanted at least a half dozen. 
6.  We need guys in the locker room who understand the staff, the schemes etc.  

7.  It’s as no brainer as it gets.  I mean, like a layup.  

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

Only 7? Seems like every commit is from JMU. Glad its only 7 after watching part of their bowl game.

I’m just curious, honest question, who was your guy since you’re so anti-Cignetti?   And be realistic about it.  

Maybe you’re right, maybe IU will go 3-9 or whatever you’re implying.  Time will tell.   

But the idea that he came here and two weeks later he would get a top 20 recruiting class without those connections is absurd.  He’s doing about as well as could be expected in a short amount of time.  

I totally get what he’s doing. He hasn’t gotten a ton of elite talent by waving a magic wand like you wanted  but he has gotten a ton of guys who are productive and can do their jobs.  

Now he’s going to see the roster and work with them over the next few months.  Some of them will undoubtedly repel him and he will  prune some guys in the spring portal as he gets to know his roster.  Then he will see what his acute needs are and he will try to add a handful of guys to answer his needs as he perceives them in a few months.  Even now he has said he wants a speed boundary receiver, another O lineman, and safety help.   

I think his process is obvious and he wants to be competent right out of the chute.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yeah.

1.  We have a handful of JMU guys in combination with IU players.  It’s not like we have only JMU players.  
2.  We cherry picked productive players who were mostly the best they had.  We don’t have their scrubs.  

3.  Almost all of them were all conference and are coming in with experience.  
4.  They were a good team who actually made a bowl game.  
5.   I would have been frustrated if we didn’t get several guys from JMU.  I think I posted, sight unseen, that I wanted at least a half dozen. 
6.  We need guys in the locker room who understand the staff, the schemes etc.  

7.  It’s as no brainer as it gets.  I mean, like a layup.  

Love the list and number 6 to me is most critical.  The impact these players will have on the locker room for scheme, buyin, and culture to me are the biggest pluses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

But we're to the point its just trolling. Notice it, and move on, is what we'll have to resort to. 

Yes i'm a troll, you figured it out. Its no wonder they let you around kids there in hicktown, you are a genius. This is what I love about this board, just because you have a different take, you are now a troll. I have been on this board even before Milehi was a member years ago, have been called many things over 20 years but never a troll, a first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m just curious, honest question, who was your guy since you’re so anti-Cignetti?   And be realistic about it.  

Maybe you’re right, maybe IU will go 3-9 or whatever you’re implying.  Time will tell.   

But the idea that he came here and two weeks later he would get a top 20 recruiting class without those connections is absurd.  He’s doing about as well as could be expected in a short amount of time.  

I totally get what he’s doing. He hasn’t gotten a ton of elite talent by waving a magic wand like you wanted  but he has gotten a ton of guys who are productive and can do their jobs.  

Now he’s going to see the roster and work with them over the next few months.  Some of them will undoubtedly repel him and he will  prune some guys in the spring portal as he gets to know his roster.  Then he will see what his acute needs are and he will try to add a handful of guys to answer his needs as he perceives them in a few months.  Even now he has said he wants a speed boundary receiver, another O lineman, and safety help.   

I think his process is obvious and he wants to be competent right out of the chute.  

I'm not anti-Cignetti I hope he wins 1000 games. I'm anti more of the same shit every IU coach comes in and does. This guy says all I do is win google me. Well you have played Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St. or Oregon. I see the same talent every coach before him brought in. Yes, I said it before go look, its only been a short window but the talent better pick up or its going to be more of the same at IU.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I'm not anti-Cignetti I hope he wins 1000 games. I'm anti more of the same shit every IU coach comes in and does. This guy says all I do is win google me. Well you have played Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St. or Oregon. I see the same talent every coach before him brought in. Yes, I said it before go look, its only been a short window but the talent better pick up or its going to be more of the same at IU.

I get what you are saying Kev.  And completely understand the point of view.

• Haha 1

Cignetti's strength and that of his staff is to get the best and most out of the players and to actual coach.  JMU people would agree.  He gets the most out of players.  He actually has a long track record of success.   

If you are going to judge his system or his players he is bringing in based on one game, one in which he didn't even coach or prepare those players for, that comes across as trollish.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Yes i'm a troll, you figured it out. Its no wonder they let you around kids there in hicktown, you are a genius. This is what I love about this board, just because you have a different take, you are now a troll. I have been on this board even before Milehi was a member years ago, have been called many things over 20 years but never a troll, a first.

Then stop acting like one. Idc how long you've been on the board, TBH. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I get the skepticism because it’s IU football but in my view that’s independent of Cignetti.  You would have to have that with anyone.  

Regarding that “Google me” stuff, I believe that’s totally by design.  Chess stuff.  It’s normally not my style either and I don’t think he’d be doing that if we were Clemson. I think it’s all on purpose to get in the heads of all stakeholders to change the attitude here.  Even the people who say 7-5 is good enough here.  Especially for the players  and recruits, he’s trying to change the entire mindset.   

As for players, he was with NC State and saw Rivers.  He was with Saban.  Coach Tino was at Alabama.  They know exactly the type of talent it takes.  

I get what he is doing for one year of his roster.  He is doing the best he can on the fly to get a bowl team in here.  

Maybe he falls on his face.  I tend to doubt it because I am all in on his process oriented philosophies.  He may not have brought in the Andrew Lucks of the world, but I do think he is trying his best to get guys, position by position, who will do their jobs, be in the right spots, not make critical mistakes, and hence win tight games.  We will see all about that.  Nothing we say will determine anything but I understand and like the approach.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Have you watched any of CCCs press conferences?  He’s made it clear he doesn’t care about stars, he cares about their internal evaluation of talent.  Stars have gotten IU nowhere.  Now you may be right and the talent ends up being the same but maybe let’s take coach at his word that he knows how to evaluate the talent he needs to fit what he wants to do and the let the fall season determine if he’s right.

• Like 5

I was just going over IU’s transfer portal roster. It currently lists 9 players total who originally committed to Coach Cignetti and JMU. Though some on here are reluctant and apprehensive about most of these players because of their lack of  “stars” or even star power. 
I have a couple observations on all of this. 
- That many players and potentially more, believe and trust in Coach Cignetti enough to follow him where ever he goes. That says volumes….

- Coach Cignetti still wanting these specific players to come with him it IU and be a part of this rebuild also speaks volumes as to the type of players he knows and wants to go to battle for him.

I also liked one of many comments he has said about his process so far. I will paraphrase… “We had to re-recruit IU guys to get on the bus with us and we also had to tell some to get off the bus!”

It would be interesting to find out which IU players he told to “get off the bus!” 

• Like 2