IUFB Roster 2024

btownqb

14 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

So many new faces.  Optimism and excitement is trending upward.  The floor is still the floor but the ceiling feels much higher than in years past. 

I think the floor is higher with coach Cig than Allen, but yeah I believe the excitement/optimism is back for sure. I don't see why this team can't go bowling and would think a 7 win season is reasonable. One thing for sure....I feel a lot better about next season now than right before the PU game. Go Hoosiers!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think the floor is higher with coach Cig than Allen, but yeah I believe the excitement/optimism is back for sure. I don't see why this team can't go bowling and would think a 7 win season is reasonable. One thing for sure....I feel a lot better about next season now than right before the PU game. Go Hoosiers!!

I want to believe the floor is higher. But until I see it, I just can’t buy it. Is what it is for me. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I want to believe the floor is higher. But until I see it, I just can’t buy it. Is what it is for me. 

Would you agree, although the boxes have been for sure "meaningless", to this point, CCC has pretty much "checked" them all?

Charismatic/confident/cocky... but has delivered, in a couple of ways. I get the whole "it doesn't matter until August" .. I do. I understand that. Results driven world, as it should be. But it does start somewhere.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Would you agree, although the boxes have been for sure "meaningless", to this point, CCC has pretty much "checked" them all?

Charismatic/confident/cocky... but has delivered, in a couple of ways. I get the whole "it doesn't matter until August" .. I do. I understand that. Results driven world, as it should be. But it does start somewhere.

🤷‍♂️

No argument there.  We all know how it is. Been fans for decades. Only to get beat down when our hopes are the highest. I gotta stay low. It’s a psychological thing for me. It’ll make the rise that much sweeter, but make the curb stomping feel less painful. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

🤷‍♂️

These are all good examples.  I would also point to CCC's emphasis on transfers that have produced results, not guys with "potential" that didn't pan out somewhere else. The ability to catch the ball or tackle will translate. Playmakers make plays.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

All wearing black…just like CCC on Saturday at AH.  LOL  So, can we expect to hear AC/DC from the Marching Hundred next fall?    😂😂

Bias here but uhhh.. you can't beat a black sports jersey. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

All wearing black…just like CCC on Saturday at AH.  LOL  So, can we expect to hear AC/DC from the Marching Hundred next fall?    😂😂

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Bias here but uhhh.. you can't beat a black sports jersey. 

Would love this. 

• Like 1

I like black too.  Regarding the Sun Belt stuff, I don’t buy the argument we will have a Sun Belt roster.  We cherry picked better players, who have been productive, and we are adding them to a vast majority B1G roster.  Lot of players are productive in lower levels and then perform really well at higher levels.   Heck there are pro players who came from lower levels than the Sun Belt.   Not only thought, CCC got guys who he is highly familiar with on and off the field and who will help get his system in place.  I would have been angry if he didn’t do all this.  

• Like 2

Cigs has added some good Sun Belt talent to our roster while running off the non-BiG players who dominated our roster for the last several years. It’s a necessary wholesale gutting that I was calling for months ago, and I’m glad Cigs understood the need to clean house.

• Thanks 1

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/notes-and-observations-from-indiana-footballs-2024-spring-roster-224949787/

nice little article here, cleans some stuff up...

Looks like Mangum-Farrar is back, not sure what he means by a "pass rusher" compared to a coverage LBer. I think he means him playing Edge and not on the inside, but ehhh... we'll see. He definitely wasn't a "coverage LBer" last year, idk even know what that term means. 

To be clear--- glad Mangum-Farrar is back. Still have Sanguetti, Bonds for depth at Safety. So we have 4 safeties with solid experience. Johnson gets another year of eligibility, so that is good. I don't feel we are weak at corner now with Toomer/Minor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/notes-and-observations-from-indiana-footballs-2024-spring-roster-224949787/

nice little article here, cleans some stuff up...

Looks like Mangum-Farrar is back, not sure what he means by a "pass rusher" compared to a coverage LBer. I think he means him playing Edge and not on the inside, but ehhh... we'll see. He definitely wasn't a "coverage LBer" last year, idk even know what that term means. 

To be clear--- glad Mangum-Farrar is back. Still have Sanguetti, Bonds for depth at Safety. So we have 4 safeties with solid experience. Johnson gets another year of eligibility, so that is good. I don't feel we are weak at corner now with Toomer/Minor. 

it is just a LB that is good in coverage as to opposed to those that are better at rushing the passer or stopping the run.

Might also mean he is moving to DE/edge.  

Heard some thinking Ferrell might move up to LB but not sure if that has any legs.