IUFB Roster 2024

btownqb

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of roster related. Bryant Haines will become IU's first ever 7 figure assistant. Like the commitment we have now.

This isn't nothing, right? 

Also--- how many teams have 1 assistant making that or above? Honestly, just curious, I understand there are plenty. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Also--- how many teams have 1 assistant making that or above? Honestly, just curious, I understand there are plenty. 

Yeah, I was obviously being sarcastic earlier and I’m sure we still have catch up to do, but as you said, this isn’t nothing, right?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

This is huge for us. In 2018 21 assistants made a $1M or more. Now 66 do...but still this is a huge commitment from IU to least join the party.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I believe we have a couple of capable QBs. So I don't think it will be the end of the world if QB1 goes down imo. 

I hope you’re right.   I think Cherry will be damn good but it may be awhile.  The jump from high school will be massive.  Tayven will get really good coaching but he needs a makeover and we will just have to see.   Lowry is a complete unknown.  Let’s see what the staff can do.  They are very good with QB’s.  Having said that, the B1G is very tough and after QB1 I am not we can get bowl eligible with the others.  Would love to see a huge jump.  

• 4 weeks later...

DT Philip Blidi randomly went into the portal.  I wonder if a school tampered him with an offer he couldn’t refuse.  I thought we were thin at DT as it was.  I hope we get a couple of veteran DT’s in the spring portal.   D line might be our biggest impediment next year IMO

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

DT Philip Blidi randomly went into the portal.  I wonder if a school tampered him with an offer he couldn’t refuse.  I thought we were thin at DT as it was.  I hope we get a couple of veteran DT’s in the spring portal.   D line might be our biggest impediment next year IMO

He was a big Allen guy. I was actually surprise he stayed. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at PSU.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Well crap. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Well crap. 

His Dad is on the Hoosier forum. Always a respectful poster. He said it came about 72hr and he notified coaching staff within 24 hrs. Wasn’t an easy decision for him. He is a grad transfer though.Hope the best for him.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

His Dad is on the Hoosier forum. Always a respectful poster. He said it came about 72hr and he notified coaching staff within 24 hrs. Wasn’t an easy decision for him. He is a grad transfer though.Hope the best for him.  

What came about in 72 hours? What changed between Cig coming on board and now? 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

WR is loaded. This is understandable. Pretty cool he names CC, imo. 

McCulley, Sarratt

Cooper, Cross, Williams, and Price would seem to be the Top 6. 

Honestly. I am VERY optimistic on the offense.  We might have a question at backup OL and QB but for the most part I think we could get back to an offense worthy of Kevin Wilson. 

If I were CCC and Haines, DT would keep me up at night.  Those guys are hard to find so hopefully some guys pop in the spring portal.   I think our ends should be ok and our back 7 solid.  

• Like 1