NCAA NET 23-24

15 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree that I’m not in favor of NET relative to head to head.  Having said that, as a program it’s your obligation to play the rules as they are set up.   Get your efficiencies way up.   Learn your lesson.  

Agree. Side note: I saw your name for the first time as Bob from Sacramento. 🤣

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree that I’m not in favor of NET relative to head to head.  Having said that, as a program it’s your obligation to play the rules as they are set up.   Get your efficiencies way up.   Learn your lesson.  

Unfortunately we have a coach who is either willingly ignorant of how it impacts your team or is just too stubborn to adjust his approach. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Indiana State did just that and Virginia, with a NET 40 spots lower, got the bid.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Indiana State did just that and Virginia, with a NET 40 spots lower, got the bid.

I saw that.  I thought they got hosed.   Money talks and that’s not ok.  It’s sport.   If you don’t have fairness, you have nothing.   The NCAA has zero integrity.  

Posted (edited)

“I think the analytics are bulls—,” Providence head coach Kim English told reporters after his squad was ruled out. “I think you could schedule bad teams in your non-league and beat the snot out of them and beat them by 50 and 60. I think coaching for so long has been a gentleman agreement. I mean, you have a large lead at the end of the game, for health reasons you take guys out, to get some other guys opportunities to play, you take guys out. “

“But right now might be a change in college basketball. We’re scheduling to beat teams by 40 and 50. [It] might be a thing to do, but when you get into this league, the analytics aren’t going to look very good in league. You’re playing against some really, really good coaches.”

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

“I think the analytics are bulls—,” Providence head coach Kim English told reporters after his squad was ruled out. “I think you could schedule bad teams in your non-league and beat the snot out of them and beat them by 50 and 60. I think coaching for so long has been a gentleman agreement. I mean, you have a large lead at the end of the game, for health reasons you take guys out, to get some other guys opportunities to play, you take guys out. “

“But right now might be a change in college basketball. We’re scheduling to beat teams by 40 and 50. [It] might be a thing to do, but when you get into this league, the analytics aren’t going to look very good in league. You’re playing against some really, really good coaches.”

I wonder if anybody can point to 1 game out of the approximately 5,600 games between Division 1 teams (the only games the NET contemplates) where a team didn’t “take guys out” before the end of a “50” and “60” point game.