North Alabama Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

When: Thursday, December 21st 8:30 PM EST

Where: Simon-Skjotd Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: BTN

6th year coach Tony Pujol (69-92 overall) brings his North Alabama Lions (6-6)  into SSAH for a meeting with our Hoosiers

image.png.1ee6851693d77a0ad80bb6dbbf64e938.png

image.png.2abc82e0322ac975e86e56f4649a7f61.png

image.png.f8a8d96f83fefccaf07fdd83d475e7ea.png

Another team that takes and makes a lot of 3s. Led by 6'3 senior KJ Johnson (who comes off the bench), and 6'0 sophomore Jacari Lane in scoring. Both are 37% 3 point shooters, as is 6'7 senior forward Tim Smith. 6'10 senior Damian Forrest mans the 5 spot, and 6'3 junior Detailian Brown (43% from 3) and 6'5 junior Will Soucie (55% from 3) round out the starting 5. They do have 11 guys who average double digit minutes with the aforementioned Johnson, 6'7 junior Dallas Howell (who's coming off a 17 point 9 board game against Tennessee Tech) as well as 6'4 junior Marco Foster, and 6'2 junior Josiah Fulcher. Cainin Jefferson is the only freshman who sees any time.

Another short turnaround. I'm hoping we have a much better showing than we did against Morehead State, and I think we will. I would imagine today's practice will be animated :) . Gotta guard the perimeter and stick to our inside approach and I think we'll be fine here.

Go Hoosiers!

• Thanks 3

So I watched North Alabama at Kansas State replay from 12/2...they lost 75-74 in OT without their leading scorerKJ Johnson

Can't be fooled by their record...this team is experienced, plays defense, and has some shooters...They lost to Morehead State at home a few weeks back, but they are a lot like the Eagles...

Our kids have to realize, like Woody said in his postgame, that any team can beat you if you don't come to play...

If we learned our "energy" lesson against Morehead, I think we'll be ok...If not, then we're in for another dogfight...and more entertaining game/postgame threads :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the fairly quick turn around on this one.  Hopefully the coaches are really challenging the players today:  "You come with that BS energy tomorrow, you will be an assistant coach.  I expect everyone that hits that floor to bring it like they are playing in a championship game."

• Like 2

When Morehead State went up by double digit in the 2nd half, I came very close to turning off the game. As a fan, I was very frustrated.

Glad I didn't.

If Walker's post game interview is any indication, I think the guys will come out with much more effort tomorrow night. We'll see I guess.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's funny, I now hope that the 8:30/9PM games are on Peacock. 

You don't have to worry about missing the first 5-10 minutes of the game because for some reason TV networks can't figure out how to space these game. 

I've been watching solely through the respective apps for years.  You don't have to watch the end of some blowout eating into 5 minutes of the first half.  ESPN, Fox Sports, Peacock apps and you're pretty much set.

You can sign into all of them (except for Peacock) with your cable subscription account info (or a family member's lol).

Edited by rogue3542
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I've been watching solely through the respective apps for years.  You don't have to watch the end of some blowout eating into 5 minutes of the first half.  ESPN, Fox Sports, Peacock apps and you're pretty much set.

You can sign into all of them (except for Peacock) with your cable subscription account info (or a family member's lol).

Yeah, good call! Thanks! I often forget I have access to those apps. 

Now that we’re talking about it, how many times do you get that sad looking cartoon kitty asking you to retry turning on Peacock? Is it just me or does the app constantly lag. I’ll even turn the game on and it takes 2 minutes to get a clear resolution because the thing is so slow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This will be my first in person game this season. I had to miss the Kansas and Morehead games due to Little Keet’s schedule. It’s always good to be live in SSAH. I’m hoping for our first blowout win of the year. I’m dreading the drive home after an 8:30 tip. 

Get behind me and ride my wake home....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DWB said:

When Morehead State went up by double digit in the 2nd half, I came very close to turning off the game. As a fan, I was very frustrated.

Glad I didn't.

If Walker's post game interview is any indication, I think the guys will come out with much more effort tomorrow night. We'll see I guess.

Jaded... history has made you...reassurance you seek...

IMG_1212.jpeg.8fc52636ad3b9750c1536b601dfca0ee.jpeg

• Haha 3

Just wondering what some of y'all think...

In the postgame, Woody talked about lack of energy...Anthony Walker did as well, and promised "it won't happen again."

Who has the most influence there? The coach? Or the senior (or any class for that matter) leaders?

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just wondering what some of y'all think...

In the postgame, Woody talked about lack of energy...Anthony Walker did as well, and promised "it won't happen again."

Who has the most influence there? The coach? Or the senior (or any class for that matter) leaders?

I would think Walker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1