North Alabama Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My mythical decision is not being made on who is better or more valuable, Ware obviously is.

My decision is who should most receive the counter message for rewarding Walker.  It's Ware.  He came to IU with a reputation, and we saw full evidence if that reputation in the first half on Tuesday.

In 1987, when Bob Knight got pissed at the team, he took it out on Steve Alford....his best player.  IU can't win if Ware is playing lackadaisical.  Wake him up by rewarding Walker and not starting Ware in a game IU should win.

Could pay dividends later in the year, much the same as it did for Alford and Indiana in 1987.

I get what you’re saying, but I also think Reneau needs a significantly bigger wake up call than Ware.

I don’t need to look past MR’s rebounding number to know how little effort he plays with every game. Malik needs to watch the effort Walker plays with and also how he consistently makes the right plays; start contrast to the more talented and physically impressive Reneau. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My mythical decision is not being made on who is better or more valuable, Ware obviously is.

My decision is who should most receive the counter message for rewarding Walker.  It's Ware.  He came to IU with a reputation, and we saw full evidence if that reputation in the first half on Tuesday.

In 1987, when Bob Knight got pissed at the team, he took it out on Steve Alford....his best player.  IU can't win if Ware is playing lackadaisical.  Wake him up by rewarding Walker and not starting Ware in a game IU should win.

Could pay dividends later in the year, much the same as it did for Alford and Indiana in 1987.

Contrary to what you're saying, I actually think Ware was more lackazajdf;lianfbn ao;ingcle than anything.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

To me for stuff like that it is the players.

i think you're right, but i also think the coach can make a difference in what he says and how he says it going into the game.  i think Coach Knight probably helped make sure guys came out with energy.  that said, there's only so much you can do if your leaders aren't good.  

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

100% agree that Walker should be starting this game.  It would serve as a message with meaning.  He literally was the ONLY guy that was ready to play on Tuesday.  

i hate that no one does that anymore, but i don't think anyone really does that anymore.  with this team it would be even tougher because you'd have to bench Reneau or Ware.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

totally agree, but don't think coaches do that anymore or that kids can take it anymore.  

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think you're right, but i also think the coach can make a difference in what he says and how he says it going into the game.  i think Coach Knight probably helped make sure guys came out with energy.  that said, there's only so much you can do if your leaders aren't good.  

Yeah, I think it is like 30% coach and 70% players.  They have to have that self drive and the coach is there to push for that extra.

• Like 1