Nebraska Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Interesting. Seems like Nebraska has a lot of length. I'm sure he'll be rusty but would be good to have XJ back defensively. 

We definitely should have the advantage in backcourt play if X is back... I love Tominaga but he's a defensive liability and has trouble with athletic defenders. I think Cupps can handle Lawrence if X is still out...

And as I thought with Kennesaw State, I think Ware would be our biggest advantage, but I haven't heard anything on his condition... First time I had COVID, I was down for 3 weeks... 

• Like 1

Don’t particularly like this matchup for us but it’s probably one we need when looking at the January slate.

Nebraska does a good job of offensive rebounding, doesn’t turn it over a lot, get a lot of points off of passing, they’re fairly experienced and long, and do a good job of getting to the line and converting. Plus it’s on the road.

Hopefully everyone is healthy for us and we see a lot more of Trey and X as focal points. We haven’t been particularly good with dumping it into the post against similarly talented teams as us so we are going to have to get offense from the guards. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Any update on our guys? 

None that I could find... Our staff is notoriously tight lipped on injuries...

Maybe see some indication tomorrow... I'd think if Ware wasn't playing, he wouldn't travel... 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2024 at 7:32 AM, bluegrassIU said:

So if he does play, but isn't fully healthy, will he be playing at half-mast?

On 1/1/2024 at 8:58 AM, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m sure there is a pill they could give him for that. 

Why do you all have to talk like that? You got a real Masty mouth on you. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Kevin Kugler and Shon Morris on the call... 

Love Shon doing analysis. Not funny, but boy he knows the game.

I met him a couple of years ago at an IU game. Told him I enjoyed his work. He said (and I quote): "This isn't work".

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Same probably for X if he returns.

yup. But i would think to a lesser extent. I think it is a little easier for guards to get in game shape than it is for big men. Could be wrong.

but also i just LOLed at my desk. Didnt realize Mast got hurt because some dude got out of his car and pushed Mast off of his scooter.

https://www.ketv.com/article/nebraska-basketball-player-injured-attack-lincoln/45667696

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3