Nebraska Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

3 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

Love the Combos, M & M's , and the Pop Tart but I want to know what flavor brown sugar or strawberry.

Whatever was the cheapest and/or most disgusting option in my experience 🙂...

Notice the sugar overload... Then they weigh you to make sure you complied with military weight standards

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm going to prepare myself for frustration in hopes of not being so frustrated come game time. 

image.png.e0fe5c0085600d06235fac4bee34301c.png

Let me know if it works.

I am pessimistic about the game right now (I think we are going to lose) but I still usually end up being irritated during the process.  Maybe if you figure out the path to that enlightenment you can share it with me? Lol

• Like 4

A lot of people are talking about what Indiana struggles with but Nebraska rarely creates turnovers and blocks at a very low rate. 
This will play into Indiana’s favor tremendously. If our guards aren’t pressured into a specific tempo Indiana will have a free for all underneath the basket and on fast breaks today. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Things to watch for during the game...

I think us being underdogs has more to do with Nebraska just looking like a better team so far and being at home than anything matchup related.

I thought Michigan’s offense was an even worse matchup for us. They took threes at a high rate and made threes at a high rate. Nebraska takes threes at a high rate and makes them at a below average rate.

Also, Nebraska has very large splits in their 2 point % allowed in the 5 games against top 100 opponents (52.12%) and the 8 games vs opponents outside the top 100 (39.33%).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

History.  Iirc IU ranked 8th in defensive efficiency before X went down last year.  Forget where we finished, don't think it was top 30 even with Trayce blocking a crap ton of shots. 

This team still has a ton of room for growth.  

There is absolutely room for growth particular if Johnson comes back and plays a certain way.  I hope he is back and the team makes me look foolish for my pessimistic feelings but I haven't seen "it" yet this year and even with a Johnson return I am not expecting him to be really up to speed for several games.

Would love to be proven wwrong.  Woodson has pulled a rabbit out of a hat on a couple of occasions in his time here, I am hoping to see it happen again because right now, even at 10-3, I have concerns.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Let me know if it works.

I am pessimistic about the game right now (I think we are going to lose) but I still usually end up being irritated during the process.  Maybe if you figure out the path to that enlightenment you can share it with me? Lol

First step: change your name. 😎

• Haha 5

Just saw on TDH that the announcers for the game were Kuglar and Shon Ellis (not Shon Morris).

If that's the case, I take back my post on Shon Morris calling the game. Shon Morris is great. Shon Ellis? Who knows?

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Just saw on TDH that the announcers for the game were Kuglar and Shon Ellis (not Shon Morris).

If that's the case, I take back my post on Shon Morris calling the game. Shon Morris is great. Shon Ellis? Who knows?

I think it's a snafu on the writer's part... It's Shon Morris... Unless he and LaPhonso had a love child 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Coach1K said:

Love the Combos, M & M's , and the Pop Tart but I want to know what flavor brown sugar or strawberry.

Top 5 pop tart flavors 

1.  Brown Sugar 

2.  Chocolate fudge 

3.  Raspberry 

4.  Smores 

5.  Blueberry 

• Like 1