Rutgers Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Just now, 5fouls said:

Well, that ain't very subscriber friendly.

I have read that a workaround might be that you can hop into the live stream and then manually rewind it. 

Not sure if that actually works. I'm not available to start watching the game at 7pm, so guess I'll try that. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I have read that a workaround might be that you can hop into the live stream and then manually rewind it. 

Not sure if that actually works. I'm not available to start watching the game at 7pm, so guess I'll try that. 

That wont work for me either.  Wont be home until 9:30 or so.  The first rule of offering streaming should be having 'on demand' capability.

• Like 2

Very few teams I feel like I can say this but I think we have a matchup advantage at all 5 spots. Key will be taking care of the ball, smart shot selection, and playing good defense. 

I don’t think we win but this is as winnable of a conference game as you can draw up.

6 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

So a normal day in New Jersey?

Apparently some State of Emergency so who knows on attendance. Hope the guys brought an extra set of clothes. Normal dry 70 degree days planes don't get out of Jersey/NYC so I can't imagine they leave tonight. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Apparently some State of Emergency so who knows on attendance. Hope the guys brought an extra set of clothes. Normal dry 70 degree days planes don't get out of Jersey/NYC so I can't imagine they leave tonight. 

Hopefully the NYC Hoosier faithful are more dedicated than the Rutgers fans! Turn it into an IU home game!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

According to their "insiders" their backcourt has an issue with bigger guards... Simpson (who I think will draw Trey) is 6'3 and Fernandes (XJ) is 5'11...

Also think they'll use Omoruyi on Malik and Mag on Ware which is a mismatch deluxe...

Looking for XJ, Trey, and Walker, as seniors, to create energy... 

why wouldn’t they put Omoruyi on Ware? He can just sag off into the paint until we show we are willing to make that pass and Ware will consistently take the shot.

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

why wouldn’t they put Omoruyi on Ware? He can just sag off into the paint until we show we are willing to make that pass and Ware will consistently take the shot.

It seems that coaches think Malik is more of a post threat ...

Nothing certain, just a guess

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I’d laugh, if it wasn’t true 🙁

Even though Rutgers is not a good offensive team, this is a type of game where one of their low scoring players decide to go for 5-7 from the 3. And I am fully expecting it to happen. Hopefully it’s a scenario where that happens, but IU has a good enough lead to win at Rutgers for the first time since 2018.

If they win, I'll watch tomorrow night.  Otherwise, I have better things to do than watch half-assed effort just because you're too mentally soft to play on the road.

Now that I have that out of my system, Go Hoosiers...beat NUTgers!

50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It seems that coaches think Malik is more of a post threat ...

Nothing certain, just a guess

I get that, but I'd put my best weak side shot blocker off of Malik until IU proves they're going to kick it out and take the three. It's not as simple as just looking at the one to one matchups. 

26 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If they win, I'll watch tomorrow night.  Otherwise, I have better things to do than watch half-assed effort just because you're too mentally soft to play on the road.

Now that I have that out of my system, Go Hoosiers...beat NUTgers!

this does not sound like a sunshine pumper to me!  i just look forward to watching IU bball no matter what.  i always watch all games even in that 6 win season.  

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this does not sound like a sunshine pumper to me!  i just look forward to watching IU bball no matter what.  i always watch all games even in that 6 win season.  

That was different.  Those kids played their hearts out every game.  I watched all the 6-25 season too.

• Like 1

so i don't think i have seen it discussed on here, but saw people on twitter asking about a lineup change for tonight.  i generally like the idea of being willing to change the lineup when someone looks better than a current starter, but i still want to see Mtaco.  i assume that would be the only question?  i guess the fact that we looked better with only one of Reneau or Ware in at the same time?  we know neither of them are going to the bench though.  anyway... thoughts?

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so i don't think i have seen it discussed on here, but saw people on twitter asking about a lineup change for tonight.  i generally like the idea of being willing to change the lineup when someone looks better than a current starter, but i still want to see Mtaco.  i assume that would be the only question?  i guess the fact that we looked better with only one of Reneau or Ware in at the same time?  we know neither of them are going to the bench though.  anyway... thoughts?

I don’t really see a lineup change that would make too much sense. If Gunn played like Ohio State and Michigan, I could see an argument for him starting over Mack, mainly for the defense. Mack is already playing like 20 mpg, so he could still get that coming off the bench. You could also have him play more 4 in a smaller lineup.

But I’d have to see a lot more consistency from CJ before that’d even remotely make sense. I don’t really see anyone else on the bench that would make sense to start.

• Like 1