Rutgers Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so i don't think i have seen it discussed on here, but saw people on twitter asking about a lineup change for tonight.  i generally like the idea of being willing to change the lineup when someone looks better than a current starter, but i still want to see Mtaco.  i assume that would be the only question?  i guess the fact that we looked better with only one of Reneau or Ware in at the same time?  we know neither of them are going to the bench though.  anyway... thoughts?

I don't see Woody benching a starter. If Gunn or someone is playing well, I'd imagine they would get extended minutes.

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Sounds like it’s pouring in New Jersey now 

Don't they have raincoats and umbrellas there? It's like 50 there. Kids get a little wet and have a cold the next day as a result. Don't see how some rain will effect anything. If it does keep the crowd down, good for IU.

22 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I don't see Woody benching a starter. If Gunn or someone is playing well, I'd imagine they would get extended minutes.

i agree and don't really want him to, but i guess some could argue starting walker at the 4 and/or Gunn at the 3.  i'd be willing to bet it won't happen and like i said, pretty much don't think it should.  i just miss the old days (not necessarily IU) when it was okay to have maybe your best 3 or 4 players as pretty much guaranteed starters, but that 4th or 5th starter could change depending on practice and game performance.  keeps everyone competitive.  our HS boys coach has done that some this year and is getting the most out of what we have.  has our boys ranked 3rd in the state when we clearly aren't the 3rd most talented team.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Nope, strong feeling that 8-10 conference games might be on Peacock next year 

It's only 5.99 a month. Easy to do with a roku tv.

It's annoying having games exclusively on different networks though 

Edited by mrflynn03