Rutgers Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

I think with Rutgers having 3 small, quick guards they rotate, that Gabe will get some run here...

I also think Walker and Gunn will get some time on Mag and Hyatt...Not sure Mac is a good fit for either one...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think with Rutgers having 3 small, quick guards they rotate, that Gabe will get some run here...

I also think Walker and Gunn will get some time on Mag and Hyatt...Not sure Mac is a good fit for either one...

I’m waiting for the pendulum to swing and Mac is the mismatch that makes opposition change their lineup.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Supposed to be a LOT of rain, possible flooding, and high winds tomorrow in Piscataway...

So passing will be limited and ball security will be the key.  Long field goals could be impacted by the wind, so scoring from close will be important.  :coffee:

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So passing will be limited and ball security will be the key.  Long field goals could be impacted by the wind, so scoring from close will be important.  :coffee:

Thinking more about the trip in and crowd size, but that was funny :) 

2 hours ago, Lionel Sinn Recruit said:

How can Ohio State be receiving votes in the coach's poll and we aren't getting any votes?

It's because "we don't shoot enough 3's !!"   :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

I don't like Rutgers. They are annoying. Their arena is annoying. Beating them would bring me extra satisfaction. 

They are the least natural fit in the Big Ten (currently).  The only comparable is Maryland until the west coast teams show up.

Looking forward to watching this game! Obviously a huge opportunity to pick up a road win that I would expect would move the needle a bit in rankings such as NET and KenPom. 

With that said, I'm coming into this one with tempered expectations, not because I don't think we can win, it's just that we've seen time and time again that winning on the road in the Big Ten is really hard. 

Mainly looking for IU to play hard, play smart and compete. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Looking forward to watching this game! Obviously a huge opportunity to pick up a road win that I would expect would move the needle a bit in rankings such as NET and KenPom. 

With that said, I'm coming into this one with tempered expectations, not because I don't think we can win, it's just that we've seen time and time again that winning on the road in the Big Ten is really hard. 

Mainly looking for IU to play hard, play smart and compete. 

According to their "insiders" their backcourt has an issue with bigger guards... Simpson (who I think will draw Trey) is 6'3 and Fernandes (XJ) is 5'11...

Also think they'll use Omoruyi on Malik and Mag on Ware which is a mismatch deluxe...

Looking for XJ, Trey, and Walker, as seniors, to create energy... 

• Like 1