• K. Ware
    • G. Cupps
    • CJ Gunn
    • K. Banks
    • A. Walker
    • P. Sparks
    • A. Leal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2024 at 04:46 AM

1 minute ago, 02Hoosier said:

That stuck out to me as well… overall really solid game for Ware but he just isn’t quite strong enough to stop some guys down low.

i guess in this case, we would be comparing his defense to Mtaco's though right?  are we saying MM's was better?  where do we see that?  blocks?  steals?  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i guess in this case, we would be comparing his defense to Mtaco's though right?  are we saying MM's was better?  where do we see that?  blocks?  steals?  

Oh I’m certainly not saying Mgbako was any better on defense. I wasn’t necessarily using it as rationale for voting for Mgbako, just responding to a comment that I noticed the same thing. Maybe that’s better suited for the post game thread than this one though 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I didn't see the game, so I can't base an opinion on anything but stats.  But, I agree with your sentiment that the stats favor Ware.  14 rebounds compared to 4 is nothing to sneeze at.  Maybe if Mgbako had like 7 assists.  But 14rebounds against a Power 5 team is bringing it.  

Typical of you. Don't watch the game, no eyeball test. Just go by numbers. 🤓

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

Oh I’m certainly not saying Mgbako was any better on defense. I wasn’t necessarily using it as rationale for voting for Mgbako, just responding to a comment that I noticed the same thing. Maybe that’s better suited for the post game thread than this one though 

I thought Mac's defense was pretty good...He was guarding Cam Christie most of the night, and Christie shot 2-10 and was 3 points below his season average...

Watched the game a second time, and Kel'el's D on Payne was pretty poor...I think until he gets with Clif and increases his strength, Ware will always have problems with physical, high motor guys...

I also don't discount that Mgbako was the impetus behind our quick, aggressive start...Woody alluded to that in his postgame...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I thought Mac's defense was pretty good...He was guarding Cam Christie most of the night, and Christie shot 2-10 and was 3 points below his season average...

Watched the game a second time, and Kel'el's D on Payne was pretty poor...I think until he gets with Clif and increases his strength, Ware will always have problems with physical, high motor guys...

I also don't discount that Mgbako was the impetus behind our quick, aggressive start...Woody alluded to that in his postgame...

I thought Mgbako did decent on defense but I didn’t make it a focus to watch him. Overall he still needs to continue to improve on that end though. Agree with you on Ware getting stronger and Mgbako getting us started early. 

Something that I find a little strange… several games now we have had 2-3 threes at the beginning of the game and then we seem to shy away from it the rest of the game. Auburn and Minnesota are the two I can think off at the top of my head. Not saying we need to shoot 20 a game, just an interesting observation of mine. I think it has to do with us scripting the first several possessions of the game if I had to guess.

• Like 1