Northwestern Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

57 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Unfortunately some random bench dude will drop us for 24 probably.  That’s the standard blueprint I expect in these games. 

Their bench isn't very deep. In their last game, all of the starters played >29 minutes... Barnhizer played 40 and Buie 38... Top guy off the bench, Luke Hunger only played 12 minutes and scored the only 3 points their bench generated...

If someone beside Buie kills us, it'll be a starter... 

• Like 1

I’ve said this for so many years…it’s not always about who you play but when you play them. A week to prepare for Northwrstern and they having a key injury vs playing them when they were rolling earlier….Illinois when they were struggling and just adjusting to having Shannon back….on flip side we played Wisconsin when they were playing strong and well and coming up Michigan St is finally looking healthy….so we better make the most of this game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Not sure when this ad was recorded but Malik posted this today on his IG. 

Boot on his right leg. Hope he’s ok. 

FC575C0E-9609-4D5F-91A9-3B00076AEE52.jpeg

Could be trying to immobilize it on the week off, just to be safe.  Remember he hurt it two games back...my guess is precautionary, but I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't usually/ever pay attention to other schools schedules.  Do they also always have these week long breaks between games?  Or is that an Indiana Scheduling thing?  Or is the schedule set by the NCAA?

E very team in the conference has two, week long breaks during  the season. Purdue was off a week before they played us on Saturday 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

One thing we are sure of for this game, this isn't a must win game. The sun has set on those.

Berry is out for the year not quite the best player on the team and we have already lost to a team without their best player.

Winning is no longer important.

What is?

The team playing competitively as a unit.

Playing with some heart.

Woody needs to coach up, but that is doubtful since he is one of the lease smartest coaches in college basketball.

PLEASE STOP embarrassing the program.

NW by 5

May still be a must win.......... for the NIT.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Not sure when this ad was recorded but Malik posted this today on his IG. 

Boot on his right leg. Hope he’s ok. 

FC575C0E-9609-4D5F-91A9-3B00076AEE52.jpeg

Didn’t Watford wear a boot for the entire season his junior or senior year on campus?  I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

• Thanks 2

Late addition...

Watching Northwestern-Rutgers, and 6'6 sophomore transfer (Denver) Justin Mullins has played 18 minutes after only playing 21 minutes this whole year and hadn't scored a point...

Tonight he's 3-3 7 points, and 3 blocks...

So @iuthruandthru, he might be the guy 🙂

• Haha 3

On 2/13/2024 at 6:56 AM, Dawg Bawls said:

I have as much energy for this as our basketball managers have to pick up the team's dry towels every day....

I understand the pain of being a team manager I was one in high school for both basketball and softball. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Late addition...

Watching Northwestern-Rutgers, and 6'6 sophomore transfer (Denver) Justin Mullins has played 18 minutes after only playing 21 minutes this whole year and hadn't scored a point...

Tonight he's 3-3 7 points, and 3 blocks...

So @iuthruandthru, he might be the guy 🙂

Yup that is the career night guy right there.  I am calling it now.  He is going to have at least 22 points with most of those coming in the first half before we lock him down in the second.  He will eventually get loose late in the 2nd and drill a dagger of a 3 to break our hears and hopes for an NIT berth.  the forum will erupt with so much angst and woe that a demon will be summoned spontaneously from the pits hell to investigate what is causing so much doom and gloom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coach1K said:

Twenty bucks says he'll make some crazy shot when the game no longer matters.

I agree.  That is my main problem with him, he did it all when the game was already in hand.  I coached quite a few kids back in the day that turned into Jordan once the rout was on.