Northwestern Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Al McGuire's Marquette team had uniforms designed to have the shirttail worn out

Screenshot_20240216-173142.thumb.png.ac28ee80a5290a4205cf7278a19bee38.png

I remember them well, I just know quite often I see refs jawing at players and they immediately start tucking their shirt in?🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Why are they planning to be there? To see another loss? Laughable. How much are they getting paid for there time? 

They've all lived it, so they know better than me or you or anyone on this forum what playing at a place like Indiana is like...

They're going to be there because they're good kids, good teammates, and they're proud of their school...

And I'm sure they're there to support the kids that followed them, and the ones that played for Woody are there to show that all this scuttle is exactly what Trey Galloway said it is..."Nonsense."

If Coach Woodson was as terrible at developing them both on and off the court, or the lazy and lackadaisical coach many on here portray him as, I'm sure they wouldn't bother... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Yup that is the career night guy right there.  I am calling it now.  He is going to have at least 22 points with most of those coming in the first half before we lock him down in the second.  He will eventually get loose late in the 2nd and drill a dagger of a 3 to break our hears and hopes for an NIT berth.  the forum will erupt with so much angst and woe that a demon will be summoned spontaneously from the pits hell to investigate what is causing so much doom and gloom.

Pretty much sums it up 

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They've all lived it, so they know better than me or you or anyone on this forum what playing at a place like Indiana is like...

They're going to be there because they're good kids, good teammates, and they're proud of their school...

And I'm sure they're there to support the kids that followed them, and the ones that played for Woody are there to show that all this scuttle is exactly what Trey Galloway said it is..."Nonsense."

If Coach Woodson was as terrible at developing them both on and off the court, or the lazy and lackadaisical coach many on here portray him as, I'm sure they wouldn't bother... 

TJD and JHS are here to get the guys over the hump...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

IU is a once proud elite blue blood program hijacked and destroyed from within. Now part of the PC global elite club. You can see it everywhere you look. Maybe with our new president it changes. Time will tell.  Just about everything thing the program has done in the last twenty years has been self destructive. I liked Woodson as a player. But his recruiting and coaching methods makes no sense at most times. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

IU is a once proud elite blue blood program hijacked and destroyed from within. Now part of the PC global elite club. You can see it everywhere you look. Maybe with our new president it changes. Time will tell.  Just about everything thing the program has done in the last twenty years has been self destructive. I liked Woodson as a player. But his recruiting and coaching methods makes no sense at most times. 

Our president would have done a lot more by now if she was not hand tied in some areas where she contractually has to take it slow.  Plus I think she realizes she has to poss people off in small chunks now not big bites.  I personally would prefer the big bite method as so many things need to change or get updated.

15 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Woody could get some good will from the fanbase if he could lockdown some recruits this weekend.  Makes sense to bring some guns in.

I am not reading too much into it.  TJD and JHS are simply close by...the NBA All-Star game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rico said:

I am not reading too much into it.  TJD and JHS are simply close by...the NBA All-Star game.

Sure but there are a lot of big recruits this weekend.  But yeah these recruits are playing close as well.  Almost a cosmic alignment to have the players free and then playing close😂 

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Sure but there are a lot of big recruits this weekend.  But yeah these recruits are playing close as well.  Almost a cosmic alignment to have the players free and then playing close😂 

Call it a Hump Day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jojo123 said:

IU is a once proud elite blue blood program hijacked and destroyed from within. Now part of the PC global elite club. You can see it everywhere you look. 

I don't understand why this theory is floated around. Three universities that are significantly more woke/pc/whatever based on studies are University of Houston, Washington and Texas A&M. All three of the those universities have no problems being able to provide high level Basketball and or Football programs. Also, Rutgers is significantly more PC than Indiana and they seem to have no issues beating us. I can provide more examples if needed. Maybe the issue with Indiana basketball is ineptitude/bad luck and nothing to do with being PC?

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 3