Northwestern Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Ware and Reneau HAVE to dominate Nicholson/Martinelli/Hunger/Preston inside...Collins doesn't mind having his team hack the crap out of you on the inside, because he's got some depth there, and they are 1st in the league at committing personal fouls...Mac has to at least play Barnhizer even...

And as I said, not sure I want to see Gabe on Buie or Langborg...CJ and/or Leal could play a big role today...

Edited by IUFLA

On 2/17/2024 at 9:05 AM, IUFLA said:

They've all lived it, so they know better than me or you or anyone on this forum what playing at a place like Indiana is like...

They're going to be there because they're good kids, good teammates, and they're proud of their school...

And I'm sure they're there to support the kids that followed them, and the ones that played for Woody are there to show that all this scuttle is exactly what Trey Galloway said it is..."Nonsense."

If Coach Woodson was as terrible at developing them both on and off the court, or the lazy and lackadaisical coach many on here portray him as, I'm sure they wouldn't bother... 

Yes they lived it. TJD said give Woodson one more year and if he doesn't turn it around then you have to look at it. Big ringing endorsement from the guy who should know.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yes they lived it. TJD said give Woodson one more year and if he doesn't turn it around then you have to look at it. Big ringing endorsement from the guy who should know.

That's not exactly what he said, but don't let facts get in the way...

“I get it, at the end of the day that’s Indiana in general,” Jackson-Davis said.  “The thing is, you can’t build something if you fire someone every two to three years.  It’s not going to happen.  I don’t think he’s that worried.  Especially after he makes the tourney twice, we were second in the Big Ten last year, we were one game away from the Big Ten Tournament championship game.

“He’s done what he needed to do, but obviously in a down year, next year’s going to have to be big, but I think that they’ll regroup well.”

• Thanks 2

Even though the new unis combined with the welding shield illustration says welcome to the gulag, I hope our team finds a way to put together a full 40 minute throttling of NW to establish some momentum in these final games of the regular season.

There is no chance IU makes the big dance no matter the outcome of the remaining games unless they somehow manage to win the B1G tourney. But, for recruiting sake if nothing else, we need to look like we care and are headed in the right direction. Show some life and kick some butt today.

Im making an effort to fabricate my last remaining bit of positivity here. Let’s get it Hoosiers! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Even though the new unis combined with the welding shield illustration says welcome to the gulag, I hope our team finds a way to put together a full 40 minute throttling of NW to establish some momentum in these final games of the regular season.

There is no chance IU makes the big dance no matter the outcome of the remaining games unless they somehow manage to win the B1G tourney. But, for recruiting sake if nothing else, we need to look like we care and are headed in the right direction. Show some life and kick some butt today.

Im making an effort to fabricate my last remaining bit of positivity here. Let’s get it Hoosiers! 

You don't think if we win 6 of 7 and finish 12-8 and 20-11 before BTT we get in at all? I'd like to think wins over Northwestern, Wiscy, Sparty,etc....would mean something. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You don't think if we win 6 of 7 and finish 12-8 and 20-11 before BTT we get in at all? I'd like to think wins over Northwestern, Wiscy, Sparty,etc....would mean something. 

we do that and we are 3rd or 4th in the conference and in the conversation for the tournament and probably in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We aren’t even remotely in the conversation right now. Even if we won the remaining games we only have Penn state, Maryland and Minnesota as away games. Winning all three which I doubt, won’t move the needle. Especially when considering the whole body of work and being blown out by teams with a pulse up to now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

We aren’t even remotely in the conversation right now. Even if we won the remaining games we only have Penn state, Maryland and Minnesota as away games. Winning all three which I doubt, won’t move the needle. Especially when considering the whole body of work and being blown out by teams with a pulse up to now.

Fair enough. I disagree but fair enough. Right now the bubble consists of teams like Ole Miss, Butler, Nebraska, Utah, Nevada, Cincy,etc....I'd like to see what we look compared to them in 30 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

That's not exactly what he said, but don't let facts get in the way...

“I get it, at the end of the day that’s Indiana in general,” Jackson-Davis said.  “The thing is, you can’t build something if you fire someone every two to three years.  It’s not going to happen.  I don’t think he’s that worried.  Especially after he makes the tourney twice, we were second in the Big Ten last year, we were one game away from the Big Ten Tournament championship game.

“He’s done what he needed to do, but obviously in a down year, next year’s going to have to be big, but I think that they’ll regroup well.”

I didn’t think that read anything like what TJD would say! Thanks for clarifying!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fair enough. I disagree but fair enough. Right now the bubble consists of teams like Ole Miss, Butler, Nebraska, Utah, Nevada, Cincy,etc....I'd like to see what we look compared to them in 30 days.

I’d love to be in and have the chance at a run but I don’t see a chance at it unless we win the B1G T and get an auto bid.

Whole body of work and ability to knock off teams on the road are huge IMO.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don’t think our numbers would improve enough to even be on the bubble. I think we’d have to win 6 of 7 and win a couple marque games in the BTT (make the finals?) to even get a thought. A run like that would be impressive, but I think the damage is done. If Wiscy falls out of the top 25, none of the 6 you’re speaking of would be that impressive, especially with Wiscy and MSU at home.