IU vs Nebraska game thread

We just gave up 51 points (9 threes) in the first half at home to Nebraska. I’ve not been very vocal about firing Woodson but this is flat out unacceptable and embarrassing. Defense is mostly about effort and commitment, and this team is showing none of either. I could live with struggling to score as long as they busted their rears on D. This is like the 25th game and not only is the performance worse than day 1, but the effort is too. How can that happen at this point? WE’RE GETTING DRUBBED AT HOME BY A TRAM WHO HASN’T WON ON THE ROAD IN THE BIG10!  Woodson shouldn’t make it out of the building with his job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

"we are here, We are players, we are on the court, you will never hold us accountable and there is NOTHING that you can do about it". Fvck you, we own you, you know it and we are exposing your IU admin.

change my mind.

I suspect 4 will soon stop running back to the other end and only walk through their offense. We are watching art of Fvck you level. If I were coach, I wouldn't even come back in the 2nd half and only play 2 cheerleaders.

IMG_6262.gif.1da9754f16f12f40b1e02a5adcec2687.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think I’m about to take a break from IU basketball. This ball club is a mess. Also just a side note but I hate how Woodson refers to the team as a ball club. 

Just waiting for Reneau, Mac, and Liam to dip for me to be put out of my misery and stop watching until a new coach comes in. 

Mediocre Mike Woodson running the program into the ground. Which shouldn’t come as a shock at all when you hire someone who has literally never coached college basketball in his 60+ years on earth. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think if it was Dolson's decision he would make the move but sadly it isn't 

One of the two need to go, either Woodson or Dolson.  Woodson for being the worst coach in IU history or Dolson for the horrid contract he gave Mike.  Someone needs to pay for this trainwreck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jojo123 said:

Coach has completely lost this team. They are playing like this can’t end quick enough so I can get the hell out of here.  They all need to go. New coach new players. 

Look like we are busy booking our spring break trips.

I clearly remember cmw talkig after UCon crushed us.  He took no blame but he said the players now see what it takes to be a champ.   Well, we seem to have regressed. The other night UConn lost in a close battle to Creighton (ranked #15) and it was a great game to watch.   Both teams hustled through out, the coaches altered strategies sometimes and spacing/movement was impressive. Both teams are much better than NB.  I agree it is a terrible situation to see this on your home court.  With so many beat downs, when will administration do the obvious thing?  End his contract     

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm not ready to give up on wood, BUT if he lets ANY scholarship players our of the lockerroom for the 2nd half... I'm out on woody. Eeryone should go home.

I expect no big adjustments 

6 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Oh god that’s scary… I almost posted this exact same thing earlier. He’s right though 

As an interim coach? That’d make some sense. As actual head coach and assistant coach…that’d be the worst idea I’ve ever heard