2024 Transfer Portal

9 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Let’s say we get six new players.  There should be no more than 2 juniors. The most logical would be to bring 2 juniors, 2 sophs, and 2 freshmen.   Dolson will need to micromanage the roster makeup so the new staff in 2025 has a chance.  

PG

SG

CG

SF

SF

Rim protector 

Free throw shooting is a prerequisite.  Player skills should be complementary and not redundant. 

Only concern I have with staggering it out is impact on 25 recruits. We have to identify who our 1 and done guys (Haralson) are in 25 and recruit accordingly this portal season if that makes sense. So if want to make sure Haralson is our day 1 starter we hit the PG hard for vets or guys with only 1 year of eligibility left.

I don't want to run into a situation like we had last summer where guys said no to us because we had a healthy X and Trey coming back.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Only concern I have with staggering it out is impact on 25 recruits. We have to identify who our 1 and done guys (Haralson) are in 25 and recruit accordingly this portal season if that makes sense. So if want to make sure Haralson is our day 1 starter we hit the PG hard for vets or guys with only 1 year of eligibility left.

I don't want to run into a situation like we had last summer where guys said no to us because we had a healthy X and Trey coming back.

The biggest impact is Woodson. Not sure I want others issues for more than year. 

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Nothing wrong with the kid but if he's getting more than 10-15 minutes on any high major team, your team sucks.  

So let's say rumor mill plays out.  Currently Johnson, Walker, and Ware are out.  We have open scholarship.  Gunn and Banks are likely gone.  Say we add Cupps to that list.  You are at 7 open scholarships at that point.  Mgbako, Reneau, Galloway, Leal, Sparks, and maybe Newton are your returning players.

Hope everyone is ready for Struggle Bus Part 2.

ETA:  And the comment about the coaches is damning.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So let's say rumor mill plays out.  Currently Johnson, Walker, and Ware are out.  We have open scholarship.  Gunn and Banks are likely gone.  Say we add Cupps to that list.  You are at 7 open scholarships at that point.  Mgbako, Reneau, Galloway, Leal, Sparks, and maybe Newton are your returning players.

Hope everyone is ready for Struggle Bus Part 2.

7 new faces sounds better than running back any version of this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Problem is last year this staff couldn’t close any players in the portal.  More NIL isn’t a guarantee of anything.  I don’t trust them to close anything but the trash cannon another bottle of wine.🍷 

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way.  I realize there are coaching problems but the play on the court by our players who can come back doesn’t inspire me that better days are ahead.  Let the roster overhaul begin and let’s see where that takes us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Problem is last year this staff couldn’t close any players in the portal.  More NIL isn’t a guarantee of anything.  I don’t trust them to close anything but the trash cannon another bottle of wine.🍷 

I mean Ware was ranked like top 3 in the portal.  Not getting guards is a huge concern but people like money, alot.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Be careful what you wish for.  The programs currently kicking our ass take players like Cupps and make them good enough to compete by year 4.  We don't develop and run them off.  No continuity.  Cupps leaving would be a bad barometer IMO.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Be careful what you wish for.  The programs currently kicking our ass take players like Cupps and make them good enough to compete by year 4.  We don't develop and run them off.  No continuity.  Cupps leaving would be a bad barometer IMO.

But Woodson is the developer of players. 😂

• Haha 2