2024 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

wouldnt hate that. They could coexist. T Perk 33% career, KC 32% fresh year in 3. Would like to have a bit more volume from the off guard.

KC shot 35% in conference from 3. Seems like he might have had a slow start like Mgbako. He shot 4.3 3s per game which isn’t crazy low, especially considering his minutes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see KState as his landing spot but great pick up for them!

Thing I don’t understand is if Dusty is such a home run hire why are all the players abandoning ship? Afraid they’re going to get coach Primed?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Thing I don’t understand is if Dusty is such a home run hire why are all the players abandoning ship? Afraid they’re going to get coach Primed?

Just like with most new hires I'm going to say there's plenty of I didn't commit to you stuff. Won't have a real feel for Michigan for another year or 2.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

22BE8E09-4ADA-49B2-B407-ABBA0D554706.png

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see KState as his landing spot but great pick up for them!

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Dug (Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel, please) had academic issues at MI. That's why he was on the travel suspension.  Probably not the same issue at K State. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Dug (Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel, please) had academic issues at MI. That's why he was on the travel suspension.  Probably not the same issue at K State. 

Yep...plenty of schools though with lesser academic requirements that I thought he would land. Oh well hope the kid does well finally.

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

They put their name in the portal before Dusty was hired

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just like with most new hires I'm going to say there's plenty of I didn't commit to you stuff. Won't have a real feel for Michigan for another year or 2.

plus with his academic issues at Michigan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Umm he committed to KSU

I know that. 

Thing I don’t understand is if Dusty is such a home run hire why are all the players abandoning ship? Afraid they’re going to get coach Primed?

you asked this question and I told you the reason, they left before Dusty got there 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know that. 

Thing I don’t understand is if Dusty is such a home run hire why are all the players abandoning ship? Afraid they’re going to get coach Primed?

you asked this question and I told you the reason, they left before Dusty got there 

That's almost irrelevant.  He knew Dusty was hired before he chose K-State.  Now if Dusty chose not to try to retain him that's another story...

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's almost irrelevant.  He knew Dusty was hired before he chose K-State.  Now if Dusty chose not to try to retain him that's another story...

If I were guessing it's the latter. Just based on the very, very limited intel on Dusty.

I have way too much time on my hands sitting in my home office finishing up my monthly billing. It’s like sitting on the toilet, way too much time to think. I keep seeing all these players that we’re in contact with, and I asked myself, how do we have more than 10 players next year if we don’t look to sign at least a couple of developmental guys? These portal players are looking for minutes, not mop-up minutes. Three high volume starting guards aren’t coming here at once from the portal. That’s just not realistic. Gallo is getting minutes. We have X minutes to give, and I suppose we have Ware minutes, but those aren’t going to a 6’2 guard. It seems to me that we must have a big from the portal maybe two, and two starter quality guards, then developmental guys willing to wait for minutes. I just don’t see the possibility of multiple guards coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Have to wonder if the lack of NIL funding that Dickinson brought up last year is playing a role?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierBrit64 said:

I have way too much time on my hands sitting in my home office finishing up my monthly billing. It’s like sitting on the toilet, way too much time to think. I keep seeing all these players that we’re in contact with, and I asked myself, how do we have more than 10 players next year if we don’t look to sign at least a couple of developmental guys? These portal players are looking for minutes, not mop-up minutes. Three high volume starting guards aren’t coming here at once from the portal. That’s just not realistic. Gallo is getting minutes. We have X minutes to give, and I suppose we have Ware minutes, but those aren’t going to a 6’2 guard. It seems to me that we must have a big from the portal maybe two, and two starter quality guards, then developmental guys willing to wait for minutes. I just don’t see the possibility of multiple guards coming.

Just my two cent opinion. I think we have to be careful in the who we go for in this portal while keeping an eye on 25 class. We don't want to get a guy with 2-3 years eligibility (unless of course he's really frickin good which means he's going pro sooner) because that might sway the 25 kids (Haralson, Sisley,etc...).

Delicate balance for sure but I'd be fine hammering the 1 year guys this year knowing full well what we could offer to 25 recruits. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my two cent opinion. I think we have to be careful in the who we go for in this portal while keeping an eye on 25 class. We don't want to get a guy with 2-3 years eligibility (unless of course he's really frickin good which means he's going pro sooner) because that might sway the 25 kids (Haralson, Sisley,etc...).

Delicate balance for sure but I'd be fine hammering the 1 year guys this year knowing full well what we could offer to 25 recruits. 

More than agree with this. Which is one other reason I think we’ll have more than one open scholarship next season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm sure Gayle will start (6'4) along with one of Royal or Mahaffey (both 6'6)...

Couple that with Okpara, and that's a pretty solid start... 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't even know that Illinois was recruiting Nicole Kidman 😁

Mentioned it the other day: