2024 Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Per On3’s Jamie Shaw, “Indiana and Auburn are 2 schools to watch for Rice.”

Good distributor and defender, but not a good shooter. Led team in assists and steals. Was Pac 12 FOY. 27% 3 point shooter. In his last six games of the Pac12 and conference tourney he was 0-22. Just good to see him on the court, though. Missed all of the previous season with Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Edited by 13th&Jackson

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Playing for a lame duck coach isn't very appealing.

I would say in this day and age, 80% of coaches can be fired or could leave at any moment. And since you can leave via the portal whenever you want for the most part, I don't think it matters like it used to. People want instant gratification and when there's no updates it's doomsday. I just hope we get a solid group and a good mixture. It's proven in this tournament that you can win via the portal. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Tom White said:

I think the number of "suspected" cancels has been exaggerated, and people just pick the worst story and ran with it.

That and some people just subconsciously want news to be bad so it gives them an excuse to kvetch. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

That and some people just subconsciously want news to be bad so it gives them an excuse to kvetch. 

And then there are those who consciously want news to be bad so it gives them an excuse to b%$#h. As if they need an excuse. 

• Like 1

I for one, do NOT want the news to be bad. But when it is....and there is way too much of it for my liking....it just confirms what many on here have complained about for the past several years.

Roster construction stinks, style of play is boring (or bad. take your pick). Nobody can shoot (except maybe MM), fundamentals are horrible, blah, blah, blah. 

And don't think our "style" of play isn't hurting us on the recruiting trail, or the portal.

• Like 1

Agreed. Especially style of play. When you compare it to the Elite Eight teams you see a stark contrast this season. Movement of the ball and the players is a constant in better teams making them difficult to defend. IU had little movement and relied heavily on a post dribbling into a shot while the rest watched.

However, when they had JHS the season before with the size and strength to get by defenders, the offense looked more in line with the best teams. 

CMW didn't adjust to his talent or lack thereof at the guard position. 

Edited by Euroclydon

27 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Agreed. Especially style of play. When you compare it to the Elite Eight teams you see a stark contrast this season. Movement of the ball and the players is a constant in better teams making them difficult to defend. IU had little movement and relied heavily on a post dribbling into a shot while the rest watched.

However, when they had JHS the season before with the size and strength to get by defenders, the offense looked more in line with the best teams. 

CMW didn't adjust to his talent or lack thereof at the guard position. 

You also see at least two teams that are playing in the post. The only team that doesn't have a true center is Alabama

I think it shows you can play through the post but it is what you do with the other 4 players off of the post the player.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With him and Thornton they will have a small backcourt 

I'm sure Gayle will start (6'4) along with one of Royal or Mahaffey (both 6'6)...

Couple that with Okpara, and that's a pretty solid start... 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Bronny James in the Portal

I watched him play a few times this year. He wasn’t terrible. I think his biggest issue will always be the shadow of his dad. People really have unreal expectations of him… what the hell, he would fit right in. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1