2024 Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Speaking of Dain Dainja...

He won't be the only one. I think we talked about it in this thread or another but Dainja has been playing for his teammates and teammates only the last 2 months. He couldn't announce quick enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

He won't be the only one. I think we talked about it in this thread or another but Dainja has been playing for his teammates and teammates only the last 2 months. He couldn't announce quick enough.

I have to post this any chance I get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Can’t believe no one has thrown an April Fool into the foolishness on this board?

Like Harper mentioned to Tucker there was renewed interest in IU:cheers:

See post above....Thats what we would look like....:coffee:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Speaking of Dain Dainja...

Very much expected, just not a fit in the system now. Probably would have left last year but didn't have enough credits to graduate. Credit to him for being a good teammate and making some nice contributions down the stretch.

Illinois added another red headed shooter from Indiana as well, Jake Davis from Mercer. AAU teammate of DGL. 🤣

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Very much expected, just not a fit in the system now. Probably would have left last year but didn't have enough credits to graduate. Credit to him for being a good teammate and making some nice contributions down the stretch.

Illinois added another red headed shooter from Indiana as well, Jake Davis from Mercer. AAU teammate of DGL. 🤣

Also added AJ Storr... Good get for you..

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

SIAP but I saw on TDH that Hatfield cancelled his IU visit. Supposedly didn't delay or reschedule it, but cancelled completely.

I guess the good news is that at least we have enough returning players to put a team on the floor. 

To say it will be "interesting" to see how this all plays out will be a massive under statement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Im just wondering what is going on...why are guys canceling all of a sudden. 

Walker's was or is being rescheduled. CMW and staff went to go see Hickman yesterday for an in home, which is when Walker's visit was supposed to be. Hatfield has already narrowed his schools to 4 and focusing on them. 

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Playing for a lame duck coach isn't very appealing.

or there are reasonable explanations, if you are interested in those. But doesn't seem like reasonable is the flavor of the week.

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Could be a myriad of reasons.  From they did more research and didn't like playing style, uncertainty around the coach, who we already have on the roster and incoming signed already,  to family pressure, playing time, NIL money, or the wind was from the NE on a Tuesday.

If the trend continues or we continue to not sign anyone, I would say its something about the program then.  Play style, coach, program, fans, etc..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ButlerHoosier said:

I think the number of "suspected" cancels has been exaggerated, and people just pick the worst story and ran with it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If the trend continues or we continue to not sign anyone, I would say its something about the program then.  Play style, coach, program, fans, etc..

Take your pick I guess, but look at it this way...at least we won't have a hockey line change anymore (lol)

24 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Hatfield has already narrowed his schools to 4 and focusing on them. 

I think Hatfield's an easy one. After the NC St visit he canceled his IU visit and narrowed his choices to LVille (probably a courtesy), Pitt (was the #1 player in PA in 2021), UConn and NC St, both FF teams. It's amazing how NC ST's fortunes have changed in the past two weeks. 

Huntley-Hatfield was also scheduled to take an Official Visit to Indiana, but cancelled it after wrapping up his Official Visit in Raleigh.