Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I loved it and my goal for next year is to be a better fan and not jump ship so quickly. This season isn't what everybody wished for but really 18-13 isn't to far off from where we were predicted to finish. We knew there would be a drop off from last year but not as much as we saw for most of the year. 

We as fans should know that all of our criticism gets back to the team and might effect them. I don't like how we as fans treat the players for the most part. Woodson is a grown man and making millions do he can take it. I noticed how Leal put a jab in with the fans as well and it was warranted

I agree with this

If would have beat Kansas and one more conference win we would be a lock and talking about making a run 

Maybe Kansas would have been enough 

Woodson and staff deserve criticism for roster configuration but they certainly never gave up and kept fighting

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nobody is making you watch or pay attention to the program. Why do something that makes you so miserable and a thing you don't enjoy.

Write that in your next letter to Quin Buckner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 94hoosier said:

I agree with this

If would have beat Kansas and one more conference win we would be a lock and talking about making a run 

Woodson and staff deserve criticism for roster configuration but they certainly never gave up and kept fighting

That was what I was wondering is, if we held on to the Kansas game and won at UI. We were tied at UI with under 2 minutes to go and was up 7 in the second half

Just now, Indykev said:

Write that in your next letter to Quin Buckner.

Well that didn't help and Woodson is coming back so I will back this team next year. I still watch every game and didn't give up on them. I hate to tell you but the last 3 games I was rooting for a win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

I agree with this

Trust me that final Kansas 6 minutes and playing at Illinois being a 62-62 tie with 1 to go without Ware is haunting me and the metric Gods.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well that didn't help and Woodson is coming back so I will back this team next year. I still watch every game and didn't give up on them. I hate to tell you but the last 3 games I was rooting for a win.

the last 30 i was rooting for a win. trouble is we won 18

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

He could've mixed in 1 or 2 subs at a time with starters, but instead he chose to sub all 5 starters out at a time or 4 at a time.  

That hurt more than anything early. 

Gunn and Banks not developing into rotational players hurt too. Not playing with the starters might have hurt that development as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me that final Kansas 6 minutes and playing at Illinois being a 62-62 tie without Ware is haunting me and the metric Gods.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me that final Kansas 6 minutes and playing at Illinois being a 62-62 tie without Ware is haunting me and the metric Gods.

Agree,, but also cannot forget getting swept by NEB and PSU.  Losses to NEB averaged 15 pts.  Losing by 9 to lowly Rutgers, 28 pt loss to Auburn. and forget about smash down in AH by PU.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

All I can assume is that XJ is fragile and Woodson has to keep propping him up because he’s all he has. He single-handedly let MSU back in the game with just terrible decisions and TOs. Just take care of the ball and they don’t get momentum in the first half. 
Ware has been so good the past few games that he’s overcome terrible play by his PG. Since XJ’s been back he’s had 16 assists and 15 TOs. With the way Ware, Reneau and Mgbako have been finishing, it’s not hard to have 5-6 assists per game. Galloway had 27 in the previous 3 games. 4TOs per game from a 6 year senior PG just can’t happen, especially repeatedly jumping in the air with nowhere to go and throwing short passes in traffic to the bigs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me that final Kansas 6 minutes and playing at Illinois being a 62-62 tie with 1 to go without Ware is haunting me and the metric Gods.

Those would have been nice wins, but I think the home losses to Penn St, Nebraska and Northwestern hurt us more.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

My neck hurts from watching you do 180s

I haven't turned at all. I still would like a change but it isn't going to happen. I can either stay and root for the team or not watch anymore because bitching about the team does no good. I am not going to apologize for bring happy with a win today or being happy about the 4 game winning streak. Even if hough I was unhappy I never was the kind of fan to stop watching and then go bitch about on the message board

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Indykev said:

the last 30 i was rooting for a win. trouble is we won 18

I wasn't rooting for us to lose in any game but the last 4 or 5 I was not getting upset over losses. I just hated the feeling of hoping for a coaching change over hoping for a win

This seasons team performance has convinced me that CMW is not the answer.  I really don't care what happens the rest of this season.  Nothing will change my mind.

I don't know nor do I care whether CMW's comments were out of arrogance or ignorance.  I also have no problem with him expressing his thoughts.  I believe in open dialog.

I have paid a substantial amount of money over the years for virtually no ROI.  CMW is paid handsomely to assemble a team worth the expense.  The players are also now rewarded monetarily in addition to their free ride.  

I worked my way thru college and paid every penny all the way thru and including Graduate School.  I have given many thousands of dollars back to IU since graduating.

I have not only, the right but the duty to opine and criticize the team, university, the admin, the BOT or anyone else regarding my financial investment.  We as fans pay their salaries.  

Amateur athletics is non-existent.  All are now professionals and results are expected.

It's not personal--just business.

'

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Link

On Mike Woodson's job security ...
Izzo: "I gotta say — mind boggling to me that Mike has won 18 games in a conference that is really difficult, from (No.) 2 to (No.) 13. And somebody's gotta stick up for him coming back next year? What a joke. What a joke, man."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

why go through 2 senior nights?

Jess Settles just said on the Penn State v Maryland broadcast that he went through THREE Senior Nights.  And, he was dead serious.  His broadcast partner even validated that it was true.

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

If the fans can rip him and say he should take it then he should be able to give us some shit too

I have no problem with it and actually like it. Sticking up for himself and the staff and his players 

I wouldn't exactly call it maturing as a coach or even growing up... he's 65.  I might be inclined to say he's is getting some MOJO back?  Maybe.  When your seat is on fire and you step up big time.  Honestly shocked this season didn't spiral.  It was looking like losing out, players quitting.   I'm still firmly in the retirement camp but kudos to the team and staff for not quitting.  Now go recruit like your butt is still on fire.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I just don’t understand why go through the speeches then?

I thought about this, and I wondered if you wouldn’t make this decision because all of your friends that were also graduating seniors, the kids you’ve spent the last 4 years with, probably won’t be there next year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Link

On Mike Woodson's job security ...
Izzo: "I gotta say — mind boggling to me that Mike has won 18 games in a conference that is really difficult, from (No.) 2 to (No.) 13. And somebody's gotta stick up for him coming back next year? What a joke. What a joke, man."

Woodson and the coaching staff did a great job bringing in Ware and developing him into a lottery pick. Just as they helped TJD improve his game. But because of their inability to surround those great post players with enough skilled guards, they’ve failed to maximize having their talent. This is especially true to not have an NCAAT team in Ware’s one year. With an average P6 back court this year, this should have been a single digit NCAAT team, not an NIT team. It was such a missed opportunity with a special player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1