2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

I’m the one who shared it. I was told he was going to enter after the NIT. Apparently Diebler was able to hang onto him. They will be good next year. 

And they just got Meechie Johnson back from South Carolina.

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Well, Thornton back to OSU. Not good.

Bummer. 

Any recent info make you feel more confident or less confident about some targets we’re after? Even if you didn’t hear specific names, any visits being lined up? 

2 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

If you two are gonna go some rounds, can I respectfully ask one of you to change your avatar? They are so similar that a glance on my phone had me thinking one of you was arguing with yourself.

Think of it this way.

his guy plays boring basketball, never shot a three.

my guy is an all time great. D, energy, 37% 3 pt shooter, blocked Boozer on the way to the championship game. 

TIC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

My name is max Montana I shot threes in college and put my ball in the hole now I shoot scenes and still put the ball in the hole….

They say I’m a load when I drive to the hole. I’m even good at backdoor cuts. Don’t try and faceguard yourself, because I’ll blow right through it. 

And I’m stopping now. This is way too easy. 😂

• Haha 2

I've missed the last few pages of this so maybe it's been mentioned, but sounds like we may have a chance with Myles Rice. That would be a really exciting addition.

Also, Johnell Davis from FAU entered the portal. Assuming Michigan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KDB said:

I've missed the last few pages of this so maybe it's been mentioned, but sounds like we may have a chance with Myles Rice. That would be a really exciting addition.

Also, Johnell Davis from FAU entered the portal. Assuming Michigan.

Rabby mentioning things? or? 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We’ve got Galloway, Cupps, Newton and Leal returning….the only guards we should be considering are knock down shooters - please!

I really hope that isn't how we go about this--- and our interest in Carlyle, Perkins, and others shows that, or at least I hope. We need good basketball players, and guys that can get their own, first and foremost. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We’ve got Galloway, Cupps, Newton and Leal returning….the only guards we should be considering are knock down shooters - please!

This isn’t accurate at all. Cupps is a back up at best, Leal should be the 9th or 10th man on the team, nobody knows if Newton will be able to contribute. They need guards that can make plays and get in the lane so set up others too. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Carlyle shot 39% overall and 32% from three. Rice was 27% from three and was 0-22 in his last 6 games going into the NCAAT. Tony Perkins 43% overall and 30% from three. IU is in on a lot of non-shooters. Hickman would be the exception, so far at 40% from three. But they desperately need a PG and Perkins or Rice would be good options, but don't help the shooting problem.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This isn’t accurate at all. Cupps is a back up at best, Leal should be the 9th or 10th man on the team, nobody knows if Newton will be able to contribute. They need Athletic guards that can make plays and get in the lane so set up others too. 

added a key word there.  Slashers that can still improve on their 3pt shooting %.