2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

8 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Wouldn’t Thorton be a better get than Perkins?

Personally if it came down to it…. Thornton. Similar players Perkins might be a little better but the extra year of eligibility is key. I can see IU getting a lot of SRs in the portal and personally I don’t want to live on the portal getting 5/6 kids every year.

20 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Personally if it came down to it…. Thornton. Similar players Perkins might be a little better but the extra year of eligibility is key. I can see IU getting a lot of SRs in the portal and personally I don’t want to live on the portal getting 5/6 kids every year.

I also think it’s a matter of how we feel about how many of the 4 top 2025 kids we think we are gonna get. 1. You want spots for as many of the 4 as you can and 2. You want some experienced mixed in if you get 2-4 of them. I do think even outside of Indiana the class of 2025 is pretty strong so that could help that mix of young players and portal players.

9 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Don’t look now, but it is possible to win with transfers.

2D1ADA2E-B86E-49AE-B2F0-CBEB17F35D0D.jpeg

Three of the final four teams have a majority of their starters from the portal. Alabama & NC State have a combined nine starters from other schools. Whether or not you like the strategy, teams are having success with it.

Edited by OGIUAndy

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I’m expecting more news to come out this week about players connected to IU. Things will get kicked off with Walker’s visit tomorrow.

Hopefully you mean just players coming, not going. Unless something major changes, seems our departures are done. 

8 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Walker is rescheduling his visit. Not sure what happened

IU gave some BS excuse. I’m guessing they’re slow playing him to see if they get in a good spot with any other guards during the dead period. 

49 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

IU gave some BS excuse. I’m guessing they’re slow playing him to see if they get in a good spot with any other guards during the dead period. 

I sure hope we are taking two ball handling guards.  If you only bring in one and he gets hurt, it’s 2024 again. Surely they learned from that.  Let’s say Perkins is one.  He could even easily play with Walker at times.  We have seven spots. Let’s wait and see because this is so obvious that it’s hard to believe they wouldn’t get that.  

56 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Scotty Middleton just entered the portal. Maybe the long rumored Bruce Thornton is about to do the same. But this sounds all too familiar of this staff's turning up their nose at a good player because they only want great players.

I don't know Walker's game, or if he's the type of player we need. But there was enough mutual interest to set up the visit. Don't see the point in dropping just a visit from a guy at a position of need. Better be real sure you have a bigger fish on the line. (reel sure?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Scotty Middleton just entered the portal. Maybe the long rumored Bruce Thornton is about to do the same. But this sounds all too familiar of this staff's turning up their nose at a good player because they only want great players.

I don't know Walker's game, or if he's the type of player we need. But there was enough mutual interest to set up the visit. Don't see the point in dropping just a visit from a guy at a position of need. Better be real sure you have a bigger fish on the line. (reel sure?)

I do know there’s several players they’ve been talking to that have been kept pretty quiet. I don’t even know who they all are. That said I don’t know how far along things are they could be getting ready to commit or not. They also have some they’re still waiting on so we’ll see what happens.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Just more of the same BS from this staff.

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I do know there’s several players they’ve been talking to that have been kept pretty quiet. I don’t even know who they all are. That said I don’t know how far along things are they could be getting ready to commit or not. They also have some they’re still waiting on so we’ll see what happens.

I’d have to think they are waiting on Conwell. Also I heard Danny Wokf is only talking to high academic schools. Realize he’s not a guard but I’d say IU is out on him.