2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

1)Malik Mack

someone younger like bruce thornton 

I see Perkins as more of a 2, kjnda like a more consistent version of Galloway...He can play the point, and did a lot for the Hawkeyes, but I just think he's more comfortable playing off the ball...

If Thornton becomes available, by all means for the one...

The Mack kid was pretty impressive against us...Sure, give him a look...

And I'm just gonna throw this name out there...Kanye Clary...The kid can play...I think there was some really hard feelings over Clary staying when Rhoades came on, then Rhoades switching to Ace Baldwin and staying with him when Clary got injured...Here's a comparison between Clary, Baldwin, and Mack...

image.png.265213a0a7752ece50dc63d1ad0be46b.png

Just something to consider...I don't think his dismissal from the team indicates that he's a bad apple...He just thought he got screwed coming off the injury...Stuff happens...But he's an immensely talented kid...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There’s good things being said involving Perkins at the moment 

What about Leland Walker then? And if Perkins is playing off ball like some have mentioned, then 3 shooting is not going to be improved whatsoever based on Perkins history. Not to beat a dead horse but IU needs shooting!! I am fine with bringing in tough nosed, not turnover prone PGs, but then we've got to 100% bring in some cold stone killer shooters. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

What about Leland Walker then? And if Perkins is playing off ball like some have mentioned, then 3 shooting is not going to be improved whatsoever based on Perkins history. Not to beat a dead horse but IU needs shooting!! I am fine with bringing in tough nosed, not turnover prone PGs, but then we've got to 100% bring in some cold stone killer shooters. 

This 1000%. If he comes I hope he helps our team but this move doesn’t truly help our team at all and feel like we will be in same boat as last year. Especially since tuckers strength is mid range. Teams can just pack the lane again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I see Perkins as more of a 2, kjnda like a more consistent version of Galloway...He can play the point, and did a lot for the Hawkeyes, but I just think he's more comfortable playing off the ball...

If Thornton becomes available, by all means for the one...

The Mack kid was pretty impressive against us...Sure, give him a look...

And I'm just gonna throw this name out there...Kanye Clary...The kid can play...I think there was some really hard feelings over Clary staying when Rhoades came on, then Rhoades switching to Ace Baldwin and staying with him when Clary got injured...Here's a comparison between Clary, Baldwin, and Mack...

image.png.265213a0a7752ece50dc63d1ad0be46b.png

Just something to consider...I don't think his dismissal from the team indicates that he's a bad apple...He just thought he got screwed coming off the injury...Stuff happens...But he's an immensely talented kid...

yes and yes. My only thing is T Perk is a couple ticks below behind the arc where I would want as my off ball 2. I had a couple other names like Clary, but it didnt feel right having T Perk down at 7 so i am going to tiers.

1) Malik Mack

2) Thornton, Dug McDaniel (hoping his issues with Michigan don't carry) type of player. Younger, good, quick, shot creator, distributor, 33%+ 3pt

3) Clary, Pegues type of player.  high volume scorer shoots 36-38% 3pt

4) T Perk.

I still don't feel right about this, but this is the best 4th option I can think of ever (unless @Zlinedavid 4th option was the Purdue cheerleader). I would still take him now if he wanted. I would play him at the 1.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

33% career 3pt shooter that can get to the rim, bull dog defender, distributer, creator, solid rebounder from the 1 or Jack Gohlke 37% 3pt shooter that just shoots 3s and and is a below average defender?

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

yes and yes. My only thing is T Perk is a couple ticks below behind the arc where I would want as my off ball 2. I had a couple other names like Clary, but it didnt feel right having T Perk down at 7 so i am going to tiers.

1) Malik Mack

2) Thornton, Dug McDaniel (hoping his issues with Michigan don't carry) type of player. Younger, good, quick, shot creator, distributor, 33%+ 3pt

3) Clary, Pegues type of player.  high volume scorer shoots 36-38% 3pt

4) T Perk.

I still don't feel right about this, but this is the best 4th option I can think of ever (unless @Zlinedavid 4th option was the Purdue cheerleader). I would still take him now if he wanted. I would play him at the 1.

Fair enough...Like I said, he's a lot like Galloway, only more consistent, and more of a vocal leader...

Perkins brings some things that can't be measured...But the toughness/leadership component is an important one to me...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Fair enough...Like I said, he's a lot like Galloway, only more consistent, and more of a vocal leader...

Perkins brings some things that can't be measured...But the toughness/leadership component is an important one to me...

Let’s say we take Perkins. What would your starting lineup be? How would you stagger in 3 point shooters so teams don’t pack the lane? What players would you get to back up our starters?