2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

I know this was embedded with the Coyle tweet, but here's a peek at Hemenway...More than just a 3 point guy...

He had some plantar fasciitis issues in 22-23, and a leg injury last year...

If he's healthy, we got a pretty good player here for depth...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I know this was embedded with the Coyle tweet, but here's a peek at Hemenway...More than just a 3 point guy...

He had some plantar fasciitis issues in 22-23, and a leg injury last year...

If he's healthy, we got a pretty good player here for depth...

The kid needs to shoot more. his last healthy year, 24 mins, 7 pts a game while shooting 50% from the field and 47% from 3. 1 Assit per game, he wasnt in to pass.                      

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would take what Coyle says with a grain of salt. He has been wrong so many times so I wouldn't take it to seriously 

I know he doesn't know much but he normally doesn't really say anything either. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSHoosier said:

Hemenway seems like a good get, but makes sense that if he comes then redshirt Cupps unless injury bug hits.

Why redshirt our only backup point guard? Maybe we can redshirt Leal or Tucker because imo they are the last two off the bench. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:
The kid needs to shoot more. his last healthy year, 24 mins, 7 pts a game while shooting 50% from the field and 47% from 3. 1 Assit per game, he wasnt in to pass.                      

He has a quick release and demands everyone on the defense to account for him. Will stretch the floor for our guards and bigs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Why redshirt our only backup point guard? Maybe we can redshirt Leal or Tucker because imo they are the last two off the bench. 

Tucker will be in the top 8 of the rotation. If we get those two our players 11-13 would be Cupps, Hemingway and Leal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Tucker will be in the top 8 of the rotation. If we get those two our players 11-13 would be Cupps, Hemingway and Leal

Cupps will back up the point. He may not play a ton of minutes but he will have a very consistent role.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

And if Cupps is injured in practice, who takes on that responsibility?  

Pg by committee I’d say. Some Galloway and probably Carlisle but neither should be running the point. 

Edited by dgambill

If we land Hemingway, Tucker  is going to have to really ball to get minutes. Galloway, Hemingway, and Goode are all proven P6 veterans. They are going to be very difficult to supplant for minutes. 

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

If we land Halloway, Tucker  is going to have to really ball to get minutes. Galloway, Halloway, and Goode are all proven P6 veterans. They are going to be very difficult to supplant for minutes. 

Halloway = Hemenway?

• Like 2