2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's so dumb to go after people that criticized Mike Woodson simply because donors bought IU some transfers.

The criticisms of Mike Woodson haven't changed just because the talent has increased on paper.  Show it on the court this fall and we can hopefully start to erase some of the criticism.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=007d7ba9ca0c939

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

It's so dumb to go after people that criticized Mike Woodson simply because donors bought IU some transfers.

The criticisms of Mike Woodson haven't changed just because the talent has increased on paper.  Show it on the court this fall and we can hopefully start to erase some of the criticism.

I totally agree with this! All of these players learning his tough defense after proving less amount of players brought in last year couldn’t worries me and his ability to not come up with creative offensive sets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

God forbid we get a little excited about the amount of talent we have brought in this off season. Shame on us. 

You missed the point.

No one has issue with people being excited.  It's the premature "i told you so" bs by the guy in the video.

The only criticism of Woodson that was addressed was fixing the lack of guard depth.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

BTW, the most interesting thing Bardo said, at least to me, was "Bryson Tucker may well be the best player on this team."

And I'd take his word on it over Goodman and those of his ilk any day...

He and Newton are true wild cards. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

That's true...

But there are also the criticisms of Woody that have been proven to be BS...Remember the "mass exodus?" The "what guard would want to play in his offense?" "The players all hate him?"

The people that tried to pass those fairy tales will never own up...

And I'm not looking for any victory lap over all this...As you said, let's see the product on the floor...

But I can already here the excuses if we look good...

The whole "victory lap" thing is being blown out of proportion especially relative to the number of people who have been critical of the program and Woody on a daily basis starting in January/Feb.  Most aren't saying "We"re back" or "I told you so". Most people understand it's about success on the floor. That being said, you can be critical of Woody or whatever and enjoy things about the program too, including the new guys being brought in by "donors". 

• Like 2

Ummmmm, hit the HSN homepage. There you will see at least one, maybe two threads to debate the love, hate and indifference of Mile Woodson.

It's not that complicated guys. Thos is strictly about recruits. Not if Coach Woodson is going make them hall of famers or eat their babies.

Read thread title, post accordingly. Lather, rinse, repeat.   

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Look Woody may be cooking but until we see a gourmet dinner on the table and not a burnt turkey like you find on Thanksgiving everyone just needs to cool it and take a wait and see approach! 

Don't insult my grandma's turkey cooking skills!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ummmmm, hit the HSN homepage. There you will see at least one, maybe two threads to debate the love, hate and indifference of Mile Woodson.

It's not that complicated guys. Thos is strictly about recruits. Not if Coach Woodson is going make them hall of famers or eat their babies.

So i can start another fire mike woodson thread? :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

BTW, the most interesting thing Bardo said, at least to me, was "Bryson Tucker may well be the best player on this team."

And I'd take his word on it over Goodman and those of his ilk any day...

I hope that is true and that it means he is crazy good rather than the other players are just bad.   I'm cautiously optimistic about our talent on the roster but keeping expectations in check.

8 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

To be fair, the video posted overlapped both topics.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

The whole "victory lap" thing is being blown out of proportion especially relative to the number of people who have been critical of the program and Woody on a daily basis starting in January/Feb.  Most aren't saying "We"re back" or "I told you so". Most people understand it's about success on the floor. That being said, you can be critical of Woody or whatever and enjoy things about the program too, including the new guys being brought in by "donors". 

I don’t really think it’s been blown out of proportion. There’s been post on this board about eating crow about those critical of Woodson. None of this matters if the team doesn’t gel and win on the court.

That being said, so far this offseason has been an A+, especially if/when we get Goode. I really hope the improvement in guard talent leads to a different style of play than the last 3 years, though I’m at the see it to believe it phase there. But even if we don’t change the style of play, I think the improvement in talent alone gives us a higher floor than last year.

The one thing that makes me cautious is that last year we were 49th in kenpom team to start the year, but dropped 42 spots to 91 to end the year. So the on paper talent doesn’t necessarily equate to on court success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Huh, can't imagine why anyone would feel the impulse to dunk on comments like this...

Brother, there won't be any games until November. Good things are happening right now. We might have a dynamic, playmaking backcourt for the first time since Yogi left. If you think the very real shift in how Woodson & staff are recruiting and building their roster is just donors buying recruits, I'm not sure what Indiana Basketball could do to make you happy this spring, or summer. Maybe sit things out for a while. Replying back to downplay every piece of good news that might happen over the next six months sounds exhausting.

Yes mother.

I'm responding to the idiot in the video that took an unnecessary shot at critics of Woodson.

If you're going to miss the point, then you might want to sit out of the conversation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Yes mother.

I'm responding to the idiot in the video that took an unnecessary shot at critics of Woodson.

If you're going to miss the point, then you might want to sit out of the conversation.

I just can't believe you're actually bothered by what Bardo said. That's light. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Yes mother.

No shot at Goodman is unneccessary. If you felt Bardo was talking about you, that might be a tell.

• Like 6

Just now, Maedhros said:

No shot at Goodman is unneccessary. If you felt Bardo was talking about you, that might be a tell.

Every shot at Goodman should be celebrated. I still cannot fathom mentioning Little Peja as a shooter, but Mgbako isn't. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just can't believe you're actually bothered by what Bardo said. That's light. 

I cant imagine some people being so butthurt about this. To feel so offended about Bardo saying to basically chill, take a beat on bashing Woody long enough to see what he is doing this offseason. Enough to then in turn call out the people that have excitement about this offseason. Are you really that pissed off we have had a successful offseason?

Oh yah... transfers and stuff. Luke Goode, and things. 

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1