2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

13 minutes ago, ephul said:

I think he had quite a few injuries. If I remember correctly, I'd say he's a smaller Miller Kopp. But a better shooter.

Hope we get a backup Big, but if Hemenway is the 13th guy, I'm stoked. Dude can light it up.

To hell with your McDAA’s, we’re going to have a Nobel Prize winner playing. 

Huh? Oh, Hemenway, not Hemingway. Never mind. 

• Haha 4

So we have 2 left. 1 has to be an athletic big or whatever for depth. The other? I know, I know, I know....but wouldn't mind holding onto that last ship until we see what the NBA draft camps produce. I mean Mackenzie didn't commit to us until mid May last Spring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

So we have 2 left. 1 has to be an athletic big or whatever for depth. The other? I know, I know, I know....but wouldn't mind holding onto that last ship until we see what the NBA draft camps produce. I mean Mackenzie didn't commit to us until mid May last Spring.

At this point we have enough talent and no glaring holes I’m not sure if any one of those guys would even take a second look at IU. They aren’t coming to IU to share minutes. They want to go somewhere to play 30+ and be 1-2 option. I say solidify the roster now if there are options. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

I’ll be pretty surprised to see much else happen for us at this point. I am very pleased with the five additions, and I’ll admit it has been far better than I expected. 

I think at the very least we get a backup 5 (Konstantynovskyi?)...

And I'd love to round out the roster with the Hemenway kid if he passes the health tests...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think at the very least we get a backup 5 (Konstantynovskyi?)...

And I'd love to round out the roster with the Hemenway kid if he passes the health tests...

We have to get a backup 5. Just need a rim protector/rebounder/screener. There should be around 15 minutes available. Can't roll with Malik or MM at the 5 if Ballo gets hurt or sick.

39 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Figured he might be a pipe dream with all the other additions but man...I wanted him.

Yep.  Him and Ryan Conwell.  

But we had a good plan and we are executing on it.  Maybe you don’t get Rice if you don’t get Carylye. Etc.   Can’t get everyone and Goode was a nice fit.  

• Like 3

I think our 13th scholarship is someone willing to redshirt or ok with not playing a lot of minutes next year with the expectation lots of minutes will open up year after next. We currently have 6 open scholarships after next year and let’s say we add AH that’s 7 and then let’s say Reneau, rice, Carlyle, MM all leave that’s 11 open spots. I really think not adding someone with eligibility left is a mistake.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If we get him maybe they try to get Cupps to redshirt. If not there is no playing time for another guard or wing 

From reliable people on the Trilly discord, they have said Hemenway to IU is essentially a lock at this point. I only say reliable bc they have some ins with the program and have been spot on with everything this portal season. My assumption is we get a visit and commit this next week. Last spot is reserved for a backup big.

Edited by Bville_Hoosier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

That would address all of our past issues. Only problem is how do we get them all on the floor.

No worries!  We have knowledgeable guys here.  They’ll figure it out.  😂

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

He would be perfect. Need to teach him not to travel. 10-15 min guy.

If we’re needing to teach him not to travel after 4 years of college ball, no way should we be recruiting this guy. He’s a project but as a senior. Pass on this kid all day. Give me Toumi or Meah instead of Nik.