2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I cant imagine some people being so butthurt about this. To feel so offended about Bardo saying to basically chill, take a beat on bashing Woody long enough to see what he is doing this offseason. Enough to then in turn call out the people that have excitement about this offseason. Are you really that pissed off we have had a successful offseason?

Oh yah... transfers and stuff. Luke Goode, and things. 

You said "chill", nothing gets people here more butthurt than that.... except for declaring oneself a Masshole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Look Woody may be cooking but until we see a gourmet dinner on the table and not a burnt turkey like you find on Thanksgiving everyone just needs to cool it and take a wait and see approach! 

Holy crap.  This is the longest sentence I have ever seen. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Yes mother.

I'm responding to the idiot in the video that took an unnecessary shot at critics of Woodson.

If you're going to miss the point, then you might want to sit out of the conversation.

Oddly enough, I thought the discussion in this forum was supposed to be "Portal/Late Decommits IU Is Interested In"

So perhaps it is the "conversation" that is out of place?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Oddly enough, I thought the discussion in this forum was supposed to be "Portal/Late Decommits IU Is Interested In"

All I did was respond to the video that was posted in this thread.

I'm sure you are busy typing to the other participants in the coach conversation that their posts don't belong here either ;)  I know you didn't single out my post just to silence an opposing opinion ;) 

Edited by iuswingman

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

All I did was respond to the video that was posted in this thread.

I'm sure you are busy typing to the other participants in the coach conversation that their posts don't belong here either ;)  I know you didn't single out my post just to silence an opposing opinion ;) 

You chose to respond to the 5-second ending of that video. You completely glossed over the fact that, Goode hasn't committed anywhere, at all, and Bardo was literally acting like it was a done deal/had been announced... that was the "story", that's why it was posted....  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

I'm sure you are busy typing to the other participants in the coach conversation that their posts don't belong here either ;) 

You would be wrong about that. I was not suggesting any single comment was out of line. Rather, I was suggesting that when a video or whatever sparks this sort of debate, it might be better to do a Copy/Paste of it to the appropriate sub-forum. Then folks could freely debate their thoughts. That's all.

I'm almost losing track of where IU is...does Goode make 11 if he commits?  If so, I'm guessing the staff is down to recruiting one more 4/5 and then sitting on the last scholarship in case the perfect fit pops up late (I'd love Humrichous and think he'd likely get starter minutes.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You chose to respond to the 5-second ending of that video. You completely glossed over the fact that, Goode hasn't committed anywhere, at all, and Bardo was literally acting like it was a done deal/had been announced... that was the "story", that's why it was posted....  

So?

I'm allowed to have an opinion on the end of the video.

I'm done responding but you guys are doing nothing but trying to silence opposing views and it's rather pathetic.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm almost losing track of where IU is...does Goode make 11 if he commits?  If so, I'm guessing the staff is down to recruiting one more 4/5 and then sitting on the last scholarship in case the perfect fit pops up late (I'd love Humrichous and think he'd likely get starter minutes.)

Goode would/will make 11.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No, you and others have BEATEN the dead horse. We get it, like 100% we understand they have to produce on the court. 

I will repeat... WE UNDERSTAND WINNING THE PORTAL DOES NOTHING IF WE HAVE SUBPAR RESULTS IN THE WINTER!!..

Good now that is established, every single IU fan agrees with that, it just doesn't have to be mentioned multiple times a day across multiple threads. 

How many months until the season starts? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Has this forum EVER had a thread that stayed on topic? Over under is 2.5%

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Rabby mentioned there’s some interest between the two of us. But we’ll have to see 

Assuming Goode comes, IU is rapidly approaching the point where scholarships need to be treated like rare gold.  Some of these players are simply going to hit the portal too late for IU interest.

28 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Hmmmmm........??????

Alex Hemenway - Clemson Tigers Guard - ESPN
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4433001/alex-hemenway

Fwiw I was back in B town last week of March at a bbq vendor owned by Rob Norris and he mentioned Hemenway. He coached him at one point and said working on getting him to Bloomington. I dismissed it. If anyone wants good BBQ he sets up every Thursday at kirkwood and maple. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDB said:

Holy crap.  This is the longest sentence I have ever seen. 

I mean I can make it longer but I don't really want to. Haha. Sorry been running on little sleep. I have been dealing with a scary emergency surgery that has happened to my wife. This board has been helping me get through. Last thing I am going to say on Bardo is he needs to cool it on claiming we are becoming great with the portal acquisitions. I am as excited as the next Hoosier faithful hoping all of our acquisitions become great and we can hang banner 6. I am just trying to not build up too much hope and hype. I want our guys to be hungry with a chip on their shoulder. Also the naysayers about Woody needing fired seriously take a minute and see what they are doing...literally 2 years in a row they have been winning the portal which seems to become the new thing almost more than hs recruiting. Let the lower schools take the chances on the recruits and the power 5 schools can pluck the cream of the crop after they have proven themselves. Woodson a pro coach never coached college in any capacity just a little over 3 years ago took a flailing program went to the NCAA tournament twice albeit with an All American and special talent in TJD but still has done that. Missed the tournament this year cause he's trying to figure out how and what you need when you don't have a double double machine with 3 blocks a game in the middle plugging up any glaring weaknesses. I would be surprised to see how Purdue fairs this year without Edy. It's a major downshift. So both sides gotta cool their jets and be cautiously optimistic....

Now where's that dead horse beating emoji or gif? 

Hope Goode is finally going to commit and we get one or two more then let's go hang banner six.

• Like 2