2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

2 hours ago, BDB said:

Holy crap.  This is the longest sentence I have ever seen. 

I have a hard time pronouncing words like antidisestableshmentarianism and supercalafragilisticexpialidocious, especially when they're transcribed by a Welchman from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I have a hard time pronouncing words like antidisestableshmentarianism and supercalafragilisticexpialidocious, especially when they're transcribed by a Welchman from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

I, too, have a cat that likes to walk across my keyboard.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Coach McDingle said:

Anyone know if we have any chance to get Ben Humrichous? I feel like it's we could somehow get him and some sort of 6'10 plus guy that can rebound and play even reasonable post defense and IU could be very legit

Illinois seems to be his choice. Not sure if confirmed though.

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Do we get another shooter or hold it 

I don't think we need to be hunting shooters now. Goode and Mgbako are likely high % 3 point guys. Carlyle had strong stats regarding catch and shoot 3 point shots. Rice is respectable.

Imo, we need big man depth (that's what she said, I know).

I am onboard with what @btownqb described. 

Solid athletic big that knows and play that role aggressively. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

So, if we all agree with this, what is it we are getting excited about???  :coffee:

Necessary vs sufficient. Nobody hangs a banner in the offseason. But what you accomplish in the offseason can make it far more likely you'll hang a banner when the time comes. Something about preparing to win, not just wanting to win, and all that. 

Everyone agrees winning games is what matters. Landing good players helps you win games. That's why commitments are worth celebrating.

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really don't know, but I agree. 

I think he had quite a few injuries. If I remember correctly, I'd say he's a smaller Miller Kopp. But a better shooter.

Hope we get a backup Big, but if Hemenway is the 13th guy, I'm stoked. Dude can light it up.