2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

pass

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The problem is that I doubt we can get much better than this guy for our backup 5 position. Anyone good enough will want more playing time than we can offer at that position.

If Minnesota is in the mix, it'd be hard for him to turn down...they have scads of playing time available for a big...they just signed a D3 kid (guard) yesterday...if Christie stays in the draft or goes elsewhere, Ben Johnson will be scrambling, big time...

Edited by IUFLA

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I just saw an article where the person wrote our last two signings will be AH and Baba Miller. I haven’t heard his name discussed once in here. Thoughts everyone?

Some people think Miller and IU is a possibility and some don't. Rabby for example said that's a possibility but Trilly didn't think so. Thats a weird one but he's also an international player so their might not be as many sources tuned into his recruitment. 

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The problem is that I doubt we can get much better than this guy for our backup 5 position. Anyone good enough will want more playing time than we can offer at that position.

I don't care about "level of good"... I care about "what are their best abilities", Hatton isn't a rim protector, at all, nor a stellar athlete. 

His ability to shoot would benefit us zero in the long run, IMO, compared to a better rim protector. 

I also would prefer someone with more than one year of eligibility left. Hatton also very much struggled against P5 last season. I think we can do better. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I just saw an article where the person wrote our last two signings will be AH and Baba Miller. I haven’t heard his name discussed once in here. Thoughts everyone?

yes please

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

seems like wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m not a Baba Miller expert but on a brief glimpse he looks like he could legit play 4 or 5.  I think there are minutes to be had for him.  

He has NBA potential, can play college 3 4 5. Lots of interest including Kentucky.

Could get lots of minutes . Needs weight and work on shot. Great length and mobile.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

Would love to get Miller but I think he goes somewhere willing to offer him more minutes than we can.

That’s the problem. Finding a quality transfer big that is content with a lesser role isn’t the easiest thing to do. 

54 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That’s the problem. Finding a quality transfer big that is content with a lesser role isn’t the easiest thing to do. 

....unless he has a few years of eligibility left, been sitting on the bench behind a 35-40 min starter and looking to potentially get more minutes after this year. JMO