2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

I can't imagine he was expecting big minutes when he came, but I have zero knowledge of why he left. 

....he was a big fish at Ball St. and was depended on every game. Besides, he wasn't facing near the competition at his position that he was playing Indiana's schedule.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

If we get Goode--- I want big guy, big guy in the last two roster spots. 

One I think should be a younger player with some upside. That could potentially be ready in a year of playing behind Ballo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I'd put it at a 95% chance that the roster looks like this. 

1. Rice, Galloway, Cupps

2. Carlyle, Leal, Newton

3. Mgbako, Tucker 

4. Reneau, Goode

5. Ballo, Transfer

1 open scholarship

Is that Big Ten title and 2nd weekend+ talent in your opinion? 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

They like holding one open just in case someone pops up right before the season or during the season they want to add. 

Who ever talked Woodson into that one is a dumbass and should be fired today. if thats true.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Who ever talked Woodson into that one is a dumbass and should be fired today. if thats true.

I don't know who but there are several programs around the country that do that. I don't agree with it but I have seen schools benefit from it before. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Indykev said:

who would you get in that position? Who could you get with the 13th scholarship? You want them to use #13 on Tim Priller?

There is a difference in realistic options with mutual interest vs what the fans want vs what the staff wants.

I am with you... if there is a freshman project out there that wants to come... give it to him. But finding that person that is interested in coming to play 0 minutes, with little money will not be an easy task. 

I think about the only way you fill that last scholarship is an in state, under the radar, high school kid. Which I would be perfectly okay with.

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Why? Very common. Is Dan Hurley dumb? Kansas too. Why spend it for a nobody. 

because that nobody has a much higher chance of becoming somebody than that empty chair.  Plus, it's another player for practice, one that would presumably be better than the walk-ons.

And whose to say #13 would be the least talented of the scholarship players?    Maybe said player is good enough to crack the rotation and push someone else down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Why? Very common. Is Dan Hurley dumb? Kansas too. Why spend it for a nobody. 

Exactly. Plus if you only have x amount of money, splitting it 12 ways goes further, ..and  I'd rather have better talent at positions 10-12..jmo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paye32 said:

Exactly. Plus if you only have x amount of money, splitting it 12 ways goes further, ..and  I'd rather have better talent at positions 10-12..jmo

Mmm ok. 

Then I don't EVER want to hear anything about youth, injuries, anything of that nature again. 

I think its 100% malpractice to not fill every scholly. I also find it unimaginable after last season. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Mmm ok. 

Then I don't EVER want to hear anything about youth, injuries, anything of that nature again. 

I think its 100% malpractice to not fill every scholly. I also find it unimaginable after last season. 

I agree that it was a a clear and obvious mistake last year. But that is because the hole seemed obvious at this time last year. The team was missing a playmaking guard/scorer in the backcourt. IU needed a starter at this time last year and for whatever reason it seems like they swung and missed for Knecht and decided they couldn’t get someone better than what they had and on the way which was crazy to me. Imagine what Isiah Swope would have done for this team.  

I could probably forgive it this year if they wanted to have flexibility (after adding a shooter and a big)  for one spot because I think the roster looks much better and the hole doesn’t seem so glaring to me right now. Given that it seems Galloway and Cupps will be coming off the bench along with a McDonald’s all American freshmen - I would atleast understand the thinking this time around. But I could see an argument for an emergency front court player too. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Mmm ok. 

You won't hear anything from this "true fan"! :jumprope:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Mmm ok. 

An open spot this year is a little different than last year but they are related. Last season was 100% just negligence. This year it should have already been filled with an incoming Freshman but we started the off-season with 0 recruits (more negligence). I think it will be super difficult to find a transfer who would agree to come fill a spot that projects to have 0 minutes. I'm very excited about who is coming in and give the staff all the credit for working to right the ship.. but I have yet to hear any acceptable excuse for that open spot last year. 

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

They will likely only fill 12 of the 13 scholarships 

And contrary to a lot of posters, with Woodson’s  good track record of picking up last  minute additions why not? I mean , if your 12th man has to make a significant contribution you’re probably already f*#d.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WRSMick55 said:

And contrary to a lot of posters, with Woodson’s  good track record of picking up last  minute additions why not? I mean , if your 12th man has to make a significant contribution you’re probably already f*#d.

Thats Leal

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

who would you get in that position? Who could you get with the 13th scholarship? You want them to use #13 on Tim Priller?

There is a difference in realistic options with mutual interest vs what the fans want vs what the staff wants.

I am with you... if there is a freshman project out there that wants to come... give it to him. But finding that person that is interested in coming to play 0 minutes, with little money will not be an easy task. 

I think about the only way you fill that last scholarship is an in state, under the radar, high school kid. Which I would be perfectly okay with.

How about some Indiana kid no one recruits that beats our ass every year!! Pick one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2