2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Nikita Konstantynovskyi who's a 6'10 F/C from Monmouth is a name that the staff has been in contact with and there might be some interest. 

we have been? 

I'd prefer a better rim protector, but I think this kid has two years left. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

we have been? 

Yes, there has been some contact and interest. He isn't much of a rim protector but he is a really good rebounder. They could definitely do worse given the fact Reneau will likely see some stints at the 5 as well throughout the season.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yes, there has been some contact and interest. He isn't much of a rim protector but he is a really good rebounder. They could definitely do worse given the fact Reneau will likely see some stints at the 5 as well throughout the season.  

Has the ship sailed on Malone? Sorry if I missed an update.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

we have been? 

Dream would be a rim protector with some outside game.

Wish would be a rim protector or someone with outside game

What we will probably get is someone like this guy. Just a big body for 5 minutes a game. We dont have many minutes to sell. Ballo 25, MR 10...? for the 5.

For the 4 you have MR at 20, MM 5-10, Goode 5-10

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Dream would be a rim protector with some outside game.

Wish would be a rim protector or someone with outside game

What we will probably get is someone like this guy. Just a big body for 5 minutes a game. We dont have many minutes to sell. Ballo 25, MR 10...?

I agree. 

But.. we have more money to spend, too. Find a rim protector, the more athletic version of Durr is fine. I will say-- I wish there was a continued stat of "altered shot rate" whatever, the same as we have block rate. 

Edey's block rate wasn't great for 7'4-- but I bet he altered a ton of shots. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree. 

But.. we have more money to spend, too. Find a rim protector, the more athletic version of Durr is fine. I will say-- I wish there was a continued stat of "altered shot rate" whatever, the same as we have block rate. 

Edey's block rate wasn't great for 7'4-- but I bet he altered a ton of shots. 

I agree but wouldn't the more athletic version of Durr be a really good player? 

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree but wouldn't the more athletic version of Durr be a really good player? 

Well-- ok...how about "a little more athletic version of Durr"--- because that player, IMO, is there in bunches in the portal. 

The kid from Ole Miss (Moussa?) and there is one from Harvard. There have been others listed. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Well-- ok...how about "a little more athletic version of Durr"--- because that player, IMO, is there in bunches in the portal. 

The kid from Ole Miss (Moussa?) and there is one from Harvard. There have been others listed. 

I agree otherwise we could have just rolled with Sparks again. They seem like similar types of players. Decent offense and rebounding, not athletic, not good FT shooters. I'd rather just have an all defensive type guy. But I also don't know who's interested. 

6 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree otherwise we could have just rolled with Sparks again. They seem like similar types of players. Decent offense and rebounding, not athletic, not good FT shooters. I'd rather just have an all defensive type guy. But I also don't know who's interested. 

That's the problem. IU doesn't have a ton of minutes to offer so only a handful of guys will be interested in signing up for that. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I figured it was Sparks decision to leave?  Assume he's looking for more minutes.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Nikita Konstantynovskyi who's a 6'10 F/C from Monmouth is a name that the staff has been in contact with and there might be some interest. 

Thank goodness we don't put the names on the back of the jersey's

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I saw that name and thought "Fisch is going to sound like Harry Caray after a 12 pack trying to pronounce that" 😂

And once Harry butchered it, he'd try to pronounce it backwards 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Andres Galaragga was my favorite.

Oh, that was hilarious...took about 30 seconds for Harry to get out too...

"Andressss Gallllllaaaaarrrrraaaagggaaa!" 

I bet his score sheet was soaked after that 🙂

• Haha 2