2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

52 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Dude was tough as nails...heart of a lion.  He hated losing.

...but he loved him some barley pop.

Oops...sorry...he is NOT in the portal.

He did… that entire team loved them some barley pop, with Jeffries and Leach being about the only exceptions. I can remember many parties with many of the guys from the team back then. TC could do keg stands with the best of them. AJ would get, well it wasn’t pretty back in those days. I’ll never forget going to the Waffle House off of College Ave after a football game and having to get AJ outta the bathroom, because he was passed out leaning against a urinal and stall, barely holding himself up… those were the days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

If Caleb Furst hit the portal would he be someone we look at? There's speculation by some Purdue fans that he might..Both being from Fort Wayne, I'm sure Goode could do a little recruiting assuming he commits...:snack:

20 minutes ago, Paye32 said:

If Caleb Furst hit the portal would he be someone we look at? There's speculation by some Purdue fans that he might..Both being from Fort Wayne, I'm sure Goode could do a little recruiting assuming he commits...:snack:

I wouldn’t complain. We have a need for his position. He has seemed to regress the past year or two but I think he would be serviceable for the spot we need filled. Odds are slim tho so I won’t get my hopes up

8 hours ago, Paye32 said:

Furst and Goode were AAU teammates

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

I wouldn’t complain. We have a need for his position. He has seemed to regress the past year or two but I think he would be serviceable for the spot we need filled. Odds are slim tho so I won’t get my hopes up

I'm not so sure it's regressing as much as it how much and what Purdue needed him to do.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'd prefer a better rim protector than Furst, he does rebound well, though.  Don't see the Purdue to IU thing happening. 

I normally wouldn’t either, but he is a student first, athlete second, and he is going to be a doctor. If he’s done with his undergrad in may or August… 

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Uhmmm you have no idea about the pettiness of the Alabama-Auburn rivalry. Remember the guy poisoning the Toomer’s Corner trees?

Never underestimate the pettiness of an intoxicated redneck with a supposed “cause”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Paye32 said:

I don't see that happening. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

IF Goode commits (haven’t seen anything definitive) would that crack open the door of recruiting Ft Wayne?

would it help any more than Matt Roth being a head coach in Fort Wayne? probably too de minimis 

Edited by ledies22

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

IF Goode commits (haven’t seen anything definitive) would that crack open the door of recruiting Ft Wayne?

9 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

would it help any more than Matt Roth being a head coach in Fort Wayne? probably too de minimis 

There isn't some plethora of D1 basketball recruits coming out of FW anyway. 

Football on the other hand....