2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

38 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Well…I’ve officially arrived at “hell, we’re gonna be really talented and potentially 10 deep next year” conversation. I hated where we were and where we were going in February. My glasses are back on.

also, insider info here, but our offensive line will be receiving a transfer from Louisville. Have his brother in my class. 6’8 330ish

Hows his jumpshot?

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

How come we’re not seeing anything about players like Somto Cyril or Brandon Garrison? There are plenty of minutes to be had at the 4-5.

I doubt those two would be willing to come off the bench. I wish we could convince Payne to come here and come off the bench and the hen start the following year

35 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

I thought Goode was staying at Illinois. 

What happened with Anderson

We need a back up center more than anything else

Someone said earlier that Anderson was likely looking for more minutes than IU had to offer.  Good problem for IU to have in April.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt those two would be willing to come off the bench. I wish we could convince Payne to come here and come off the bench and the hen start the following year

Let’s get after it and tamper with Xavier Booker and convince him a year at IU can get him to the NBA like Kelel!😁

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Well…I’ve officially arrived at “hell, we’re gonna be really talented and potentially 10 deep next year” conversation. I hated where we were and where we were going in February. My glasses are back on.

also, insider info here, but our offensive line will be receiving a transfer from Louisville. Have his brother in my class. 6’8 330ish

Gotta be Luke Burgess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Someone said earlier that Anderson was likely looking for more minutes than IU had to offer.  Good problem for IU to have in April.

I find it hard to believe that Woodson would discuss how many minutes anybody will play at this stage of the game. I can see him saying there are 5-30 minutes up for grabs, but you gotta earn it. (FKIM01, not aimed at you as you were quoting someone else, just used your post for context)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

I find it hard to believe that Woodson would discuss how many minutes anybody will play at this stage of the game. I can see him saying there are 5-30 minutes up for grabs, but you gotta earn it. (FKIM01, not aimed at you as you were quoting someone else, just used your post for context)

I don't think it's that direct. Coach may discuss his plans with a player. What his role may be......then the player can look at the competition and depth at that position.

From there, the player can reasonably deduce what minutes may look like.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yeah my crimson colored glasses that day were thick. Kid sucks. 

"6'6 long athletic" should have trusted my initial evaluation. 

No worries, my friend.  I would hate to be called out on every thing I post.  No one is going to be clean by that definition.  We are all IU fans and want the best.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

Seems kind of quiet for such a post!?

Think we are a little gun shy because we heard a few other names as “locked” already and understandably they weren’t. With him you have to think a back up 5 will probably wrap things up….we would have 10 deep with a 6th year senior, a kid coming off major injuries, and likely yet another unused scholarship as the final 3. Perhaps you find a kid just willing to come for the check and be break glass if emergency 4/5 as well.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Think we are a little gun shy because we heard a few other names as “locked” already and understandably they weren’t. With him you have to think a back up 5 will probably wrap things up….we would have 10 deep with a 6th year senior, a kid coming off major injuries, and likely yet another unused scholarship as the final 3. Perhaps you find a kid just willing to come for the check and be break glass if emergency 4/5 as well.

I don’t recall anyone locking someone that hasn’t committed… I recall them saying the visits went really well. 

but my main thought was… this isn’t even an insider on a board. This is a verified twitter account saying he has committed when no one else has. Even the massive unverified IU fan accounts are hush. 

Edited by ledies22