2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

6 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I think pairing him at the 4 with Ballo would actually be a pretty effective lineup. The weaknesses would be rebounding and post defense, which are already weaknesses with Reneau at the 4 anyway. It’d also provide more space for Ballo down low and Rice, Carlyle, and Galloway to attack the rim. 

Sure, in spots.  As you said, the defense is a concern so I wouldn't want to run that lineup more than maybe 10-15 minutes unless it is really working well, perhaps against a smaller lineup on the other side.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I could see it in spots, especially when you need to draw defenders out of the land, but I sure wouldn't want to start a Kopp/Goode at the 4 in the Big Ten.  I could see on occasion, running two wings and two guards and keeping someone like Ballo back under the rim.  That would certainly provide a nice change of pace and make some space for shooters.

If Goode is strictly a 3, then wonder if MM will end up slotting at the 4 some.    Then you also have Tucker but he could probably fill in at a few positions.

I'm hoping our backup 4 does open things up with outside shooting regardless of whether he is called a wing or big.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Then its bad coaching. they didnt develop them.

We can play the back and forth all you want.  I'll throw up something and you'll hit it back with something that is clearly just designed to be anti-Woodson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

If Goode is strictly a 3, then wonder if MM will end up slotting at the 4 some.    Then you also have Tucker but he could probably fill in at a few positions.

I'm hoping our backup 4 does open things up with outside shooting regardless of whether he is called a wing or big.

If IU has all three of those guys, then yeah...no doubt some or all of them log significant minutes as a second wing defending a 4.  I could see Mgbako or Goode pulling that off.  My suspicion is that Tucker would need more time in the weight room before covering most college 4's.

Goode fits because he has enough experience to cover a 4 at least for a few minutes each game, particularly if you have a 7-foot rim protector backing him up.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

We can play the back and forth all you want.  I'll throw up something and you'll hit it back with something that is clearly just designed to be anti-Woodson. 

Nope not anti woodson well maybe. you just blame the raking services. they didnt recruit the kid nor develop them. but its the rating people who got it all wrong?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Is Woodson not responsible? 

He could easily say the same about pro-woodson people that are working hard to give him a pass.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Thanks 1

Well…I’ve officially arrived at “hell, we’re gonna be really talented and potentially 10 deep next year” conversation. I hated where we were and where we were going in February. My glasses are back on.

also, insider info here, but our offensive line will be receiving a transfer from Louisville. Have his brother in my class. 6’8 330ish

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Well…I’ve officially arrived at “hell, we’re gonna be really talented and potentially 10 deep next year” conversation. I hated where we were and where we were going in February. My glasses are back on.

also, insider info here, but our offensive line will be receiving a transfer from Louisville. Have his brother in my class. 6’8 330ish

Burgess?

23 minutes ago, Yelamo said:

I think Tucker Mgbako and hypothetical Goode give us some good flexibility at 3/4 giving a different look to help stretch the court. 

Welcome to the board!

Totally agree. Not too many teams going to have dual low post threats like us with MR and Ballo. Nothing wrong with having a smaller, quicker lineup out there on occasion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Welcome to the board!

Totally agree. Not too many teams going to have dual low post threats like us with MR and Ballo. Nothing wrong with having a smaller, quicker lineup out there on occasion. 

That's what I like with the way this roster has turned out.  We can go really, really big with Ballo, Reneau, MM, Goode/Galloway and Carlyle, where the shortest guy on the floor is 6'3".  We can also go really, really fast with Reneau, MM, Tucker/Goode, Carlyle and Rice.  And there's countless combinations in between. 

21 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Does he have a baby hook?  The guy from NC State was pretty nice last year. At the very least he could beat up whatever 7'13" guy Purdouche has next year. 😈

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Back at the subject, Goode would slot nicely into the current roster.  Would be tough for me seeing him play the 4 unless you're temporarily going small.  Looks like a natural 3 to me.  I don't remember Miller Kopp being a real effective 4 in IU's system.

I hate the idea of waiting a whole week to resolve this one, but I guess there are enough open spots to give him a week.  Just seems silly when he likely already knows.

I can see a rotation where Goode comes in for Reneau and we move MM to the 4 with Ballo. Later Reneau comes in for Ballo so you can have 4 guys rotating for 3 spots