2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

I suppose if both Perkins and Rice can blow past their defenders with ease that would offset the higher 3pt percentage want here from the two guards.  Defenders are forced to help down or allow Rice/Perkins to get to the rim or in the paint for a short range shot or dish to a big/slasher

1 minute ago, IUJoe said:

You know we have 6 open scholarships, right?  And we have probably 2 open starting positions at most, point guard and shooting guard.  If you think we’re getting 6 “great” players to come in for 2 starting spots, you probably don’t understand this stuff very well.

I appreciate you questioning my basketball acumen. Leland Walker is not coming to IU to come off the bench. Another high caliber guard is not coming here to split 20 minutes a game with Leland. Leland is a great back up to the back up to the back up of options. If you want to see the same team from the last 3 years of not shooting threes, go ahead. Bring in T Perk and Walker. let them play together. They average .5 and 1.2 3pt shots a game respectively.

35 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He was 

Anyone who wouldn't be fired up by Rice is nuts: https://wsucougars.com/news/2024/3/26/mens-basketball-myles-rice-named-to-freshman-all-america-team.aspx

The Pac-12 Freshman of the Year, became the first Cougar since Klay Thompson was named an honorable mention in the 2009 All-Freshman Team and the 12th player in WSU history to earn All-America honors...In addition to his Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors, Rice was also named to the All-Pac-12 First Team and the Pac-12 All-Freshman Team. Thirteen times Rice dished out five or more assists and grabbed multiple steals in 16 games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I know that but we were talking about Rice and Perkins 

some other guy was talking about signing walker now, instead of waiting and seeing if there is better out there, or going after better players currently in the portal. 

Edited by ledies22

2 hours ago, IUJoe said:

You know we have 6 open scholarships, right?  And we have probably 2 open starting positions at most, point guard and shooting guard.  If you think we’re getting 6 “great” players to come in for 2 starting spots, you probably don’t understand this stuff very well.

Lets let it play out. This staff is solid and has it all under control. Surely they learned from the last year of mis-management of the roster. Or we will learn if they are to old to change. Off to a great start.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield has cancelled his visit to Indiana. Tough blow. After cancelling on Walker, I believe so far the only visit has been the kid originally from Bloomington.

Where are you seeing this? 

16 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield has cancelled his visit to Indiana. Tough blow. After cancelling on Walker, I believe so far the only visit has been the kid originally from Bloomington.

Actually, the kid from Bloomington (Hickman) canceled his visit too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

I hope all of these cancelled visits means the staff has their guys lined up ready to sign. Lets see after the dead period.

Somehow based on your prior post I find this one to be insincere.

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Somehow based on your prior post I find this one to be insincere.

I dont care what you find. I'm seeing canceled trip after canceled trip. Like i said lets see after the dead period. Track record is what it is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

28% 3p shooter? Ugh

I would love to have 40% 3pt shooters across the board but if my point guard is elite at breaking down the defense and finishing off the dribble or finding shooters…guard his position..and has high basketball IQ…sign me up. You can surround him with some shooters (if you go this route you need to have a hella of shooter at the other guard spot. 

He definitely has handles and great vision…shot needs to get tighter but like I said…coach him up on good shot selection and partner him with a great pick n roll partner and couple of shooters…he will be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would love to have 40% 3pt shooters across the board but if my point guard is elite at breaking down the defense and finishing off the dribble or finding shooters…guard his position..and has high basketball IQ…sign me up. You can surround him with some shooters (if you go this route you need to have a hella of shooter at the other guard spot. 

He definitely has handles and great vision…shot needs to get tighter but like I said…coach him up on good shot selection and partner him with a great pick n roll partner and couple of shooters…he will be fine.

Thanks for the video. I wasn't really familiar with him, I admittedly just looked at his 3p shooting. It seems he is highly regarded and I liked his ability to break down the defense as you mentioned. He reminds me a little bit of Braden Smith in his pick and roll game and quickness getting to the basket and finding the open guy. 

I'd certainly be down to add him I just pray we can get someone (or 3 or 4 guys) who can seriously shoot it. I don't know how much more IU basketball I can watch with teams who can't shoot at a high or even decent level.

• Like 2