2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

IU gave some BS excuse. I’m guessing they’re slow playing him to see if they get in a good spot with any other guards during the dead period. 

In other words, the same method that got them a 1 man recruiting class and 6 open scholarships.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’d have to think they are waiting on Conwell. Also I heard Danny Wokf is only talking to high academic schools. Realize he’s not a guard but I’d say IU is out on him.

They weren’t involved. Michigan might be the current leader 

38 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

In other words, the same method that got them a 1 man recruiting class and 6 open scholarships.

Possibly. They are involved with several others. I’ve also heard they wanted to make it a two day official visit so they pushed it back. We’ll see what happens.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Possibly. They are involved with several others. I’ve also heard they wanted to make it a two day official visit so they pushed it back. We’ll see what happens.

Did the kid from Louisville do three day official visits with all the teams he is interested in? Or are we the outlier?

1 minute ago, JcityHoosier said:

20240401_105210.jpg

Beat me by that much ;) 

I think we were in the final 2 for Kaiser, right?

Shooter, but from what I saw in probably 10 Maryland games I watched this year, has a lot of holes in his game..

• Like 3

Not a surprise for this kid to test the draft waters, but I didn't think he'd go portaling...Diebler was giving him some good time and he was producing better results...I know he can return to OSU...Just thought the portal part was strange...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

what do you want? them to take the first 6 available?

If there is someone good available now, I want them to take them, rather than slow play a kid who would probably come now.  That seems to be more productive than chasing someone “better” who they won’t get anyway.

32 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

If there is someone good available now, I want them to take them, rather than slow play a kid who would probably come now.  That seems to be more productive than chasing someone “better” who they won’t get anyway.

so first available. good not great. got it.

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

so first available. good not great. got it.

You know we have 6 open scholarships, right?  And we have probably 2 open starting positions at most, point guard and shooting guard.  If you think we’re getting 6 “great” players to come in for 2 starting spots, you probably don’t understand this stuff very well.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

could both he and the kid from Iowa co-exist as starters?

They both shoot career 33% from three. Which i would take from my PG, especially T Perk who brings sooo much more. don't know anything about Walker's game.