2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Think he’s a take? I haven’t got a good read about him.. 18th is a long time portal wise lol

yes you take him. he and Ballo are different. watch highlights in the daily hoosier article above.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

All this talk about all these inbound transfers and returning contributors and now watch....Jakai Newton will be the 2nd coming of Jalen Suggs or something. 😂

It’s not out of the question that Cupps or Newton or both could still enter the portal depending on who we bring in. I’d hate to see that, but it could happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not a big I told you so type of guy. Never been my make up. I say what I think and if it checks out cool....if it doesn't I'll try to understand what I wasn't seeing.

BUT....if we land Rice and Carlyle and Bollo....throw in a side dish of one of the other bigs with Hickman from outside and you add that pot of goodies to Malik, Mack, and Trey....we will have something pretty serious pretty quick. 

Hope this all plays out.

You forgot about tucker 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not a big I told you so type of guy. Never been my make up. I say what I think and if it checks out cool....if it doesn't I'll try to understand what I wasn't seeing.

BUT....if we land Rice and Carlyle and Bollo....throw in a side dish of one of the other bigs with Hickman from outside and you add that pot of goodies to Malik, Mack, and Trey and our McD's AA Tucker....we will have something pretty serious pretty quick. 

Hope this all plays out.

That team should win the B1G and be an Elite 8 team

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That team should win the B1G and be an Elite 8 team

I'll settle for we should have positive momentum headed into the offseason before the "if Woodson doesn't do this" crowd comes in with their expectations so they can later slam him stuff. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll settle for we should have positive momentum headed into the offseason before the "if Woodson doesn't do this" crowd comes in with their expectations so they can later slam him stuff. 

The top teams in the B1G will all be taking a step back. If IU puts that team together, it will be the most talented team in the B1G. Expectations would be high, as they should be. 

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The top teams in the B1G will all be taking a step back. If IU puts that team together, it will be the most talented team in the B1G. Expectations would be high, as they should be. 

I agree. That would be the best team in the Big Ten on paper and I’m not sure it’d be super close.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, KDB said:

I agree. That would be the best team in the Big Ten on paper and I’m not sure it’d be super close.

My biggest concern is Woodys defense. You’re bringing in multiple young players for a defense that is known to be hard and takes a year or two to learn. I really wish he would stop being stubborn and switch defenses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The roster makeup can be a combination of many things. That being said, last year’s offseason was a big swing and miss with how it was constructed. Woody landed some really nice pieces, but forgot perhaps the most important ingredient by not bringing in another guard. I expect that this offseason will look different. Just my opinion, but I believe that Hickman is an important piece to land. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

My biggest concern is Woodys defense. You’re bringing in multiple young players for a defense that is known to be hard and takes a year or two to learn. I really wish he would stop being stubborn and switch defenses.

I wish he'd just become a full time 2-3 zone guy. Especially with the length we get. I think we'd actually defend the 3 better because it's easier to close out than it is recover from going under ball screens like we do.

• Thanks 2