2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Lol. In the last 90 minutes it went from Ballo is ours, to he’s still going to visit Louisville, to he canceled his visit and is ours again, to he’s going to visit Calipari, and now he’s ours again. 

It is enough to give you whiplash.

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

He isn't visiting Arkansas. He's ours. We should see that officially very soon.

In the art of negotiation sometimes you have to play the ultimate card, the walk away card! Could be he was told if he goes to visit Arkansas looking to drive the price up the offer you have goes away! Just my 2 cents!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

This team had more than a shooting problem. And having two guys like this on our team would improve our team a lot.

Don’t necessarily disagree we’ll be better  but you can’t win big (i.e. go far) without shooters. We’ve seen it over and over again. Not saying we don’t want these guys. Just saying there better come some shooters with them or we’ll all be griping again during the season next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

@Indykev drive that filthy windshield 100 miles south to Louisville.

@Indykev change of course. Once in Louisville head west on I-64. When in southern Illinois be sure to tell the Illini fans hello. Don't stop in East St. Lous. Head West on I-44 then left in Joplin and have fun in Fayetteville. 

Disregard my last instructions. Head back to Bloomington immediately for further directions. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Exactly. Offensive efficiency is about more than just 3P%. It's about being able to attack a defense in multiple ways. Kanaan Carlyle is a three level scorer. Myles Rice is a scorer and distributor.

Keisei Tominaga, everyone's favorite shooter, right? Shot just 33% from 3 his first year at Nebraska, on 3.6 attempts per game. Ryan Conwell, the shooter everyone wants from the portal, shot just 30% as a freshman at South Florida in the AAC. Even Connor Hickman, over 40% as a junior, had a sophomore year at Bradley wherein he shot 33.6%. 

We have to stop looking at 3P% as the sole indicator of a player's worth.

8myemq.jpg

No offense, but I think the comment about efficiency is common sense. However, your ceiling is limited if you don’t have shooters. We’ve seen and complained about this game for how many years now? If the argument is that guys like MM, Carlyle, and Rice will improve enough to raise our ceiling, fair enough, but I think that’s a risky proposition. Sure would be nice to secure a sharp shooter that can benefit from guys that are able to attack and distribute the basketball. Otherwise teams will pack the paint and say good luck. 

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

No offense, but I think the comment about efficiency is common sense. However, your ceiling is limited if you don’t have shooters. We’ve seen and complained about this game for how many years now? If the argument is that guys like MM, Carlyle, and Rice will improve enough to raise our ceiling, fair enough, but I think that’s a risky proposition. Sure would be nice to secure a sharp shooter that can benefit from guys that are able to attack and distribute the basketball. Otherwise teams will pack the paint and say good luck. 

I agree with this, but until the roster is set and the scholarships are filled, we can't yet say we don't have any shooters. Upgrading overall talent seems to be the first and necessary step. 

• Like 2