2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

I know a kid down the street who can hit it from literaly anywhere he wants ... hes 5 8....its really ashame that short kids are left out ... if only we could make people believe hes tall, that will work ,rt? We can just say he's tall and everybody will believe it... Hell, we even might make him believe it he'll start living his life as a tall person.

Just tell him to pull a Bronny and say he's 3 inches taller than he really is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

After him there won't be anything to do all about. I doubt we had another transfer after Hatton. I guess we will have to wait to here about the 2025 class

For me if we add a 13th player I don't want it to be a young project because I don't want to take a scholarship away from the 25 class 

Gallo, Ballo, and Leal are all gone next year. 2 currently open this puts us at 5.

Hatton is a senior with no covid year to use. Assuming Hatton is coming even with signing another younger "project" you still have 4 scholarships. Not to mention....

Goode 50/50 at this point. Carlyle and Bako have their eyes on the NBA.

Regardless between Goode and those two, amongst the rest not previously mentioned, I am sure we will have another 2+/- to fill. 

We are probably looking at 5-6 open for next year. I will no longer use the excuse of keep one open for next year. 

Get Hatton and another guy if you can (don't think it's feasible, but I wouldn't turn someone away), and Paint him out of the program next year if he doesn't show any promise.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Gallo, Ballo, and Leal are all gone next year. 2 currently open this puts us at 5.

Hatton is a senior with no covid year to use. Assuming Hatton is coming even with signing another younger "project" you still have 4 scholarships. Not to mention....

Goode 50/50 at this point. Carlyle and Bako have their eyes on the NBA.

Regardless between Goode and those two, amongst the rest not previously mentioned, I am sure we will have another 2+/- to fill. 

We are probably looking at 5-6 open for next year. I will no longer use the excuse of keep one open for next year. 

Get Hatton and another guy if you can (don't think it's feasible, but I wouldn't turn someone away), and Paint him out of the program next year if he doesn't show any promise.

hahahahaha Paint him... this is the best 

Edited by btownqb

7 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

I know a kid down the street who can hit it from literaly anywhere he wants ... hes 5 8....its really ashame that short kids are left out ... if only we could make people believe hes tall, that will work ,rt? We can just say he's tall and everybody will believe it... Hell, we even might make him believe it he'll start living his life as a tall person.

1967…my senior year of hs basketball.  Friday night sitting in the locker room before our game.  Coach comes in and says to me…”Couple of college scouts are here to see you play.  From Furman.”  They said, “Coach, we’re here to see your big man.”  They showed my coach a prospect sheet they’d received from someone somewhere with my name listed and my height…6’11”.  Problem was I was a 5’11” guard…with that height being generous by close to 2 inches.  The scouts stayed for the opening tip…then left.   😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

1967…my senior year of hs basketball.  Friday night sitting in the locker room before our game.  Coach comes in and says to me…”Couple of college scouts are here to see you play.  From Furman.”  They said, “Coach, we’re here to see your big man.”  They showed my coach a prospect sheet they’d received from someone somewhere with my name listed and my height…6’11”.  Problem was I was a 5’11” guard…with that height being generous by close to 2 inches.  The scouts stayed for the opening tip…then left.   😂😂

Nuthin like the Ol 6'11 point guard... 

Edited by Dawg Bawls
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Ivan?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I remember coach Knight talking about Lindeman and said he was the shortest 7’ in history. He’s all neck!😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Hatton will be the 12th and likely last scholarship filled. Then the focus will be on the 2025 class of Haralson, Mullins, Sisley, Moreno and others. 

I know it's a giant debate, but assuming Hatton comes, there's no glaring holes with the roster of 12 plus walk-ons.  I 100% agree with being very picky about filling that last scholarship.  I see zero reason to fill it with another bench player.

So one scholarship available. I’ve heard banking it which I totally get.

but I have a question same as last year.

why…if we landed a guy who only had one year left to use, wouldn’t we add that guy? Thats the part that doesn’t make sense to me.

not adding a 2-3 year guy even who’s solid, I get. But adding a one year guy if you have the scholarship for one year…I need explained why? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

why…if we landed a guy who only had one year left to use, wouldn’t we add that guy? Thats the part that doesn’t make sense to me.

not adding a 2-3 year guy even who’s solid, I get. But adding a one year guy if you have the scholarship for one year…I need explained why? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't even be opposed to someone with multiple years left.   Scholarships are 1 year rental these days anyway.  If it doesn't work out, the player would transfer or be painted away anyway.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Just my read…but time and energy is a finite resource in recruiting. With what we have to offer to a 13th scholly candidate, it’s a hard pitch. The 25 class is loaded and this coaching staff needs to spend more time building relationships with future HS talent. 

If there’s an obvious candidate for that 13th scholarship, take them! But I’m betting this coaching staff has an idea of what is left and who they are competing with for those quality pieces still out there. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

We will have plenty of scholarships next year regardless. I say use it. I think part of the issue/thinking is what is the likelihood someone from the transfer portal will want to come in and sit at the end of the bench playing scrap minutes if any... especially in their final year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimson324 said:

Just my read…but time and energy is a finite resource in recruiting. With what we have to offer to a 13th scholly candidate, it’s a hard pitch. The 25 class is loaded and this coaching staff needs to spend more time building relationships with future HS talent. 

If there’s an obvious candidate for that 13th scholarship, take them! But I’m betting this coaching staff has an idea of what is left and who they are competing with for those quality pieces still out there. 

also probably with very little $$$. My assumption is the reason we got Hatton is he took the rest of what was remaining.