March Madness 2024

36 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

What is Zach talking about?

“They thought they knew us!”

“Zach, are ‘they’ in the room with us right now?”

They thought they knew us. Easiest draw. Playing close to home with refs favoring you. We know you think you deserve it. 

• Like 1

Just now, jojo123 said:

They thought they knew us. Easiest draw. Playing close to home with refs favoring you. We know you think you deserve it. 

In 1987 we got to play in Indy and Cincinnati so we had that kind of path as well. In 2002 we beat a 12, 13, 1, 10 to get to the final four

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In 1987 we got to play in Indy and Cincinnati so we had that kind of path as well. In 2002 we beat a 12, 13, 1, 10 to get to the final four

But we didn’t have a giant that the refs protected either. You don’t play a game where both teams are playing physical and one team has five fouls and the other 17. 

• Like 2

Just now, jojo123 said:

But we didn’t have a giant that the refs protected either. You don’t play a game where both teams are playing physical and one team has five fouls and the other 17. 

With the draw they got and the officiating. Looks handpicked and planned.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember that tournament very well. I remember thinking we're getting beat in the first round by Rick Majerus based on recent history of first round losses. I thought Mike Davis was going to be out-coached.

In the second round my friend's yelled at me for not leaving the couch early because I was convinced that the UNCW was going to make a comeback.

I was lucky enough to be at the sweet 16 and elite 8 game in Lexington. Never before had I seen and or heard Kentucky fans rooting for Indiana. On Sunday in the Elite Eight game every Kentucky fan was rooting for Kent State. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, rd726 said:

Refs won’t know what to do if it’s Duke vs Purdue. Which one do we give all the calls too 

Doesn’t look like they will have to worry about that. 
  So now face an 11 seed.🙄 
Oh PLEASE UConn DESTROY them in the Championship game. 

Just now, HoosierDPU95 said:

Duke could still make a run but they can't hit anything. Burns vs Edey will be entertaining even though I can't see NC State being able to hang with PU

Seriously. All depends on how the refs call the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Duke could still make a run but they can't hit anything. Burns vs Edey will be entertaining even though I can't see NC State being able to hang with PU

Burns will have two fouls by the first TV timeout 

• Like 1