March Madness 2024

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Caitlin Clark is an awesome player no doubt. But did anyone notice her box score? Yes she scored 41 points but she had to take 29 shots to do it!!

Hey, when you've got a weapon like that, use it.  And it's not as if she was the only scorer.  She also had 12 assists and Iowa had two other scorers in double figures.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So if Purdue loses to NC State I'm assuming they would be only team in history of tournament to lose to 4 straight double digit seeds?

Depends on what record you're considering: Losing in 4 straight tournaments to a double digit seed or losing 4 consecutive tournament games against double digit seeds, because the first round this year broke that streak.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So if Purdue loses to NC State I'm assuming they would be only team in history of tournament to lose to 4 straight double digit seeds?

Doubt it will happen. Purdue is penciled in to win it all. Reminds me of the Virgina championship a few years back, where they lost in the 1st round the previous year as a 1 seed. Let's not forget their last 3 games where they had multiple shots at 3's in the last few seconds to win each game. Of course, it was all rigged.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Doubt it will happen. Purdue is penciled in to win it all. Reminds me of the Virgina championship a few years back, where they lost in the 1st round the previous year as a 1 seed. Let's not forget their last 3 games where they had multiple shots at 3's in the last few seconds to win each game. Of course, it was all rigged.

Why would it be rigged for Purdue though?  What do they bring to the table that Duke, UNC, Huston or anyone else doesn't? Not saying sports aren't rigged, but why Purdue, what do they bring to the table that the other don't?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Everyone complaining about Edey would sacrifice their left testicle if he were to announce he's grad transferring to IU to play ball next year.

Wanna bet? (lol)

(And my testicles don't even work anymore...)

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

rigged-conspiracy.gif

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Why would it be rigged for Purdue though?  What do they bring to the table that Duke, UNC, Huston or anyone else doesn't? Not saying sports aren't rigged, but why Purdue, what do they bring to the table that the other don't?

They don't have to bring anything to the table. History repeats itself.

12 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Checking roster…..for NJ players 

You should be worried about Jayden Taylor. Kid from Indpls. Perry Meridian who didn't get an offer from Purdue. Went to Butler for two years then transferred to NC St. That's the kind of kid who'll have a career game. 

43 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

rigged-conspiracy.gif

So many games are rigged in sports, and you are too blind to see. Don't you think it's interesting that sports are now tied to gambling and the bookies in Vegas? Fanduel ads and such. You see bad calls by refs as just that. It only takes a few calls to change the winner of a game. It's all about making money in Vegas. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Everyone complaining about Edey would sacrifice their left testicle if he were to announce he's grad transferring to IU to play ball next year.

I’m not eating turds or giving up my left testicle for anything basketball related! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You should be worried about Jayden Taylor. Kid from Indpls. Perry Meridian who didn't get an offer from Purdue. Went to Butler for two years then transferred to NC St. That's the kind of kid who'll have a career game. 

It’s crazy to think this team lost 14 games 

He saved them when Horne was out against Louisville although SKY lit 🔥 them up!

He’s a perfect portal guard 

14 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m not eating turds or giving up my left testicle for anything basketball related! 

My point is that the Edey 'frustration' by IU fans would not exist if he was a Hoosier. 

My issue is less about people who complain about 3 seconds or getting away with fouls.  A good amount of that is true.

That said, anyone that says he's not really that good and point out he'll never be a great pro are the ones being just a smidge hypocritical.  There is not an IU fan out there that would not love to have him on our team regardless of how skilled he is or what his NBA future looks like.  Are we trying to win games or trying to look pretty  regardless of the outcome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My point is that the Edey 'frustration' by IU fans would not exist if he was a Hoosier. 

My issue is less about people who complain about 3 seconds or getting away with fouls.  A good amount of that is true.

That said, anyone that says he's not really that good and point out he'll never be a great pro are the ones being just a smidge hypocritical.  There is not an IU fan out there that would not love to have him on our team regardless of how skilled he is or what his NBA future looks like.  Are we trying to win games or trying to look pretty  regardless of the outcome.

I agree, but I’m a KY guy. I didn’t grow up hating Purdue. I grew up hating, and still do, Kentucky at an unhealthy level. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I agree, but I’m a KY guy. I didn’t grow up hating Purdue. I grew up hating, and still do, Kentucky at an unhealthy level. 

I hate UK 1,000 times more than Purdue.

I dont really care or not if Purdue wins or not on most nights.  I just dont want them to win a National Championship or against IU.

Otherwise, I generally like it when Big Ten teams do well on the National stage. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

I hate UK 1,000 times more than Purdue.

I dont really care or not if Purdue wins or not on most nights.  I just dont want them to win a National Championship or against IU.

Otherwise, I generally like it when Big Ten teams do well on the National stage. 

💯