Romeo Langford

49 minutes ago, KDB said:

Jerrance Howard will be the only coach to visit Romeo on Wednesday, while Bill Self and another asst will be going to see Zion the same day. Not that it means anything, but maybe Romeo knows he isn't the top priority.. and maybe that means something to him.

I think it does. As was alluded to elsewhere, Kansas probably isn't even in 2nd place anymore.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KDB said:

Jerrance Howard will be the only coach to visit Romeo on Wednesday, while Bill Self and another asst will be going to see Zion the same day. Not that it means anything, but maybe Romeo knows he isn't the top priority.. and maybe that means something to him.

This is interesting. It would definitely mean something to me if I were in Romeo's shoes.

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Hearing Kansas is making up ground with Romeo,looks to be IU,Vandy,Kansas,with UNC...just those 4

Okay, that goes against what the rest of the info posted on here is saying. What other people are saying makes it sound like KU phoned in Romeo's visit and were on their way to go all in on another recruit before the wheels of Romeo's plane were off the ground. 

Please don't take this as an attack on you or whomever you are hearing this information from because it is far from that. The Romeo/Garland saga is just starting to go down the same path as "Donovan-gate" and I'm not sure if my nerves or emotions can handle another rollercoaster ride like that so soon. Lol

47 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Okay, that goes against what the rest of the info posted on here is saying. What other people are saying makes it sound like KU phoned in Romeo's visit and were on their way to go all in on another recruit before the wheels of Romeo's plane were off the ground. 

Please don't take this as an attack on you or whomever you are hearing this information from because it is far from that. The Romeo/Garland saga is just starting to go down the same path as "Donovan-gate" and I'm not sure if my nerves or emotions can handle another rollercoaster ride like that so soon. Lol

I'm just sharing info with hoosier nation,I appreciate those that share and I like to do the same when I can and info that I feel might be legit.

23 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I'm just sharing info with hoosier nation,I appreciate those that share and I like to do the same when I can and info that I feel might be legit.

And I honestly appreciate. As I said, I in no way meant to challenge or discredit you or your source. But if we start tracking plane numbers again I'm going to curl up in a corner with a bottle of Sailor Jerry and drink my way thru the madness. :cheers:

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

And I honestly appreciate. As I said, I in no way meant to challenge or discredit you or your source. But if we start tracking plane numbers again I'm going to curl up in a corner with a bottle of Sailor Jerry and drink my way thru the madness. :cheers:

Probably the best idea whether we track plane numbers or not.

Romeo will likely wait and see where Garland chooses before deciding. Not saying he follows him but it is a possibility.

Also. If Romeo waits until spring thats good for IU.  The Hoosiers are the greatest unknown with Archie as a new coach.  He knows what he is getting with Kansas and UUC.  No need to see the season play out.  Waiting means he is looking for confirmation about IU.

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo will likely wait and see where Garland chooses before deciding. Not saying he follows him but it is a possibility.

Also. If Romeo waits until spring thats good for IU.  The Hoosiers are the greatest unknown with Archie as a new coach.  He knows what he is getting with Kansas and UUC.  No need to see the season play out.  Waiting means he is looking for confirmation about IU.

I would be pretty surprised if Romeo were to commit before the spring. Hopefully he likes what he sees from CAM and the team.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

UNC is technically out of scholarships, though Roy is recruiting as if he expects someone to turn pro.  But everything I've read indicates UNC's chances with Romeo would be far better with a spring decision, as the roster and scholarship situation would be far clearer by then.  

If it's a fall decision, I'd be pretty shocked if UNC landed him.  

32 minutes ago, Bombur said:

UNC is technically out of scholarships, though Roy is recruiting as if he expects someone to turn pro.  But everything I've read indicates UNC's chances with Romeo would be far better with a spring decision, as the roster and scholarship situation would be far clearer by then.  

If it's a fall decision, I'd be pretty shocked if UNC landed him.  

Of course, if Garland does indeed commit to IU we are in the same situation you just described. 

Archived