Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, KDB said:

Well based off of how this is worded it's saying that these are the "final" in-home visits for Romeo.. Don't know how they would know that.

The plan, which can change of course, has been for Romero to announce a "Final 3". If these are indeed his final 2 in-home visits, though I haven't seen that anywhere else, I think the tea leaves indicate those two schools are jockeying to be included in the 3. It's not indication that they're the leaders. If it does come down to a "Final 3" I think IU is safely in. 

Edit: I just reread my post. To be clear, I'm not an insider or anything, just posting based on everything I've read/seen. 

Just to make things clear about the whole thing about Romeo's "Final" visits are KU and UCLA.. It's not true and according to a reliable guy on another board, Romeo has told IU that unless he isn't 100% about his decision there is no need for any visits. Also, according to that same reliable guy on a different board, Romeo feels that he is the missing piece that can take IU to the next level.

I'm not sure there's much we could be hearing about Romeo that sounded better, besides a commitment of course. Great time to be a Hoosier fan!

If I'm Romeo reading that article, I go to IU. The level of interest between the two schools is completely different. At IU, he is THE 2-guard target. At Kansas, he's one of three and the staff visited Grimes Sunday, probably as soon as Romeo was on the plane. It's likely too, that the KU staff is reading Langford as a heavy IU lean, which is the reason they are pursuing Grimes hard.  I think Langford signs with IU in the fall.  I just don't see much in the way of evidence that the race to secure his signature is even close.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

To clarify, everything I’ve read seems like Romeo is ours. Just not sure it’s in November. 

That's also what I've been thinking, but if he is ours and he knows IU is the place.. I don't think he'd hold off an announcement until the spring. Tim Langford basically said when Romeo knew the place, they would announce his decision.

22 hours ago, KDB said:

One day his dad makes it seem like it's gonna be a fall signing, the next day he makes it seem like a spring signing.

Reading Brian Snow's latest piece on Romeo's recruitment, it seems Tim Langford today woke up on the side of the bed feeling like Romeo wouldn't make a fall decision.

He says, "The next step is to narrow it down to three before Thanksgiving because the season starts, and we want to have it down to three before his Senior year." 

Tim Langford: The world's most confusing man, Lol.

34 minutes ago, KDB said:

Reading Brian Snow's latest piece on Romeo's recruitment, it seems Tim Langford today woke up on the side of the bed feeling like Romeo wouldn't make a fall decision.

He says, "The next step is to narrow it down to three before Thanksgiving because the season starts, and we want to have it down to three before his Senior year." 

Tim Langford: The world's most confusing man, Lol.

I think he just got to excited after HH and said something he didn't mean to. If he picks this fall and doesnt choose IU, I dont think dad would want him playing his senior year committed to KU.

22 hours ago, KDB said:

That's also what I've been thinking, but if he is ours and he knows IU is the place.. I don't think he'd hold off an announcement until the spring. Tim Langford basically said when Romeo knew the place, they would announce his decision.

Chances are, they aren't wanting to make an emotional decision. HH was obviously an amazing experience, but you can't make a decision like this based on how one day/night went. I'm sure they left Bloomington feeling very wowed. But they probably want to "take it all in"...then let the dust settle...discuss pros and cons...then decide. 

And tbh, I can't blame them if they're wanting to see how the season goes before they make the decision. 

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well shoot.....  Was hoping Santa would bring a couple of early Christmas signings!!!

You guys think Langford would still wait 'til Spring if Garland commits early?

I think if its IU he could commit this fall. If he isnt sure or another school its the spring. I wouldnt want my kid playing his senior year committed to an out of state school.

Jerrance Howard will be the only coach to visit Romeo on Wednesday, while Bill Self and another asst will be going to see Zion the same day. Not that it means anything, but maybe Romeo knows he isn't the top priority.. and maybe that means something to him.

Archived