Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

I have a very small tidbit of info I learned this evening I'd like to share, its probably not new info to anyone but is hope. Mind is still not made up AND KBJ is absolutely listening (and reading) everything fans are saying. We know in his heart of hearts he wants to play for IU at IU in front of Hoosier fans. Let him know how bad you want him to play at AH. This one is not over. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I have a very small tidbit of info I learned this evening I'd like to share, its probably not new info to anyone but is hope. Mind is still not made up AND KBJ is absolutely listening (and reading) everything fans are saying. We know in his heart of hearts he wants to play for IU at IU in front of Hoosier fans. Let him know how bad you want him to play at AH. This one is not over. 

Okay, thanks.

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

So in a round about way you are saying we need 200 pages before he commits 😎

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

If there is an ounce of truth to this, then the decision should be easy. Very few schools, if any, appreciate their players more than IU fans. 

9 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Hope he is reading everything. Hope he's reading it and sharing it with his family because whoever is pushing him to Lexington has to have their own motives. I'm not saying going to UK or Cal doesn't translate into winning,etc....it does. I'm saying it makes zero sense to think you'll be OAD at the 3 or 4 with what Kentucky has coming in and returning. The minutes won't be there.

Nearing in on page 200.  Do we get there by 3-15?  Do we need 1.21 jigawatts of power?  Firing up the DeLorean and the flux capacitor I will return shortly with any news.

In all seriousness..

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope he is reading everything. Hope he's reading it and sharing it with his family because whoever is pushing him to Lexington has to have their own motives. I'm not saying going to UK or Cal doesn't translate into winning,etc....it does. I'm saying it makes zero sense to think you'll be OAD at the 3 or 4 with what Kentucky has coming in and returning. The minutes won't be there.

I am not so sure with this take.  Is he good enough to be one and done?  I don't know.  Is he good enough to compete with Kentucky's other stars?  I believe he is.  Will he earn equal or more minutes than the others?  Again, I don't know, but it's certainly possible he could.  It's certainly a risk.  I do not want to doubt KBJ or sell him short.  I believe KBJ could be a stud wherever he went.  It seems 'off', at the very least to me, to say he would be a stud at IU and buried on the bench at UK.  Though you didn't say that exactly, I believe someone on this board has.

One certainty I do have....  I want to see KBJ in an IU uniform.  I want to see him working towards the next level with his friends TJD and Aarman at IU.  Working towards the NBA whether it be 1 year or more in a program that not only allows for this but has room for multi-year development.

10 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

So in a round about way you are saying we need 200 pages before he commits 😎

I don't know if he visits message boards, I was talking more about Twitter and IG. But if he does read message boards then I hope he notices the the Kentucky boards don't spell his name correct, talk about other players more than him in his own threads, and those threads are about 4 pages long. 

10 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

If there is an ounce of truth to this, then the decision should be easy. Very few schools, if any, appreciate their players more than IU fans. 

If it were 100% his decision we would have had a 3 person class for a while now. 

----

I also find it kind of funny, that UNC had to bring in too past Hoosiers to try to talk him into Chapel Hill. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 9.28.33 PM.png

2 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I don't know if he visits message boards, I was talking more about Twitter and IG. But if he does read message boards then I hope he notices the the Kentucky boards don't spell his name correct, talk about other players more than him in his own threads, and those threads are about 4 pages long. 

If it were 100% his decision we would have had a 3 person class for a while now. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 9.28.33 PM.png

They also lament how Cal can’t get his preferred targets now because of K in his topics. 

8 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

These are the only two posted to his IG feed today. No UK or IU ones. 4d chess. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.12.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.12.33 AM.png

I think he is kind of just having fun trolling everybody right now.  UK and IU fans getting too comfortable thinking I might be going there, I'm gonna throw this wrench into their gears...

I would like to see him here.  I want Indiana's best to play at Indiana's best.

36 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wonder if Roy pointed out UNC only got Zeller and May because of self-inflicted dysfunction at IU?  Otherwise, they’d have been Hoosiers with little doubt.  

Self Inflicted Dysfunction. From 2003-2010 or so.....should have been our in state recruiting motto. Zeller, May, Oden, Conley....

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Self Inflicted Dysfunction. From 2003-2010 or so.....should have been our in state recruiting motto. Zeller, May, Oden, Conley....

Zeller x2, DeShaun Thomas, JaJuan Johnson, Jeff Teague, Robbie Hummel, ETwaun Moore, Chris Kramer, Carl Landry (not an Indiana native, but played Juco ball at Vincennes)

Archived