Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we got all 3 we still need a shooter in that class.  Clifton would be the odd man out IMO.

I expect a transfer or at least one to the league. I have no problem waiting until the spring and taking the best available sharp shooter via grad transfer. Give me 1 Nick Z every spring and me very happy!

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Regarding the latter, I think there's a better chance of Tom Crean winning a national title this season than that happening.

Is this coming from the same guy that said there was zero chance Romeo was coming.  Remember where I stood on that debate before making those statements

I will be happy seeing coach crean on that ladder:jumprope:

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Is this coming from the same guy that said there was zero chance Romeo was coming.  Remember where I stood on that debate before making those statements

I will be happy seeing coach crean on that ladder:jumprope:

Just think it's highly unlikely.  But you certainly know a lot more on the matter than I would.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

We’re in great shape with the ones everyone wants.  Nothing 100% but it’s closing in on that.  Last I heard TJD, KBJ want to commit before their season starts contrary to what has been reported about spring decisions.  IU is again the cool school in the Big Ten.

And have you heard anything regarding the out of state commit?

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

We’re in great shape with the ones everyone wants.  Nothing 100% but it’s closing in on that.  Last I heard TJD, KBJ want to commit before their season starts contrary to what has been reported about spring decisions.  IU is again the cool school in the Big Ten.

A dual commitment at Hoosier hysteria would be a great way to get that taken care of

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The 2 in state players we all want is so close to becoming reality.  Who will #3 and #4 be😀

Are we sure there will be a #4?  I know CoachSS said the staff expects a 4 man class but that would mean someone is transferring.  I will say that assuming we land TJD, Brooks, and an out of state forward that front court is absolutely stacked.  Race has already burned his transfer year so he's staying and Deron would be too old to transfer.  Someone would have to go.  Unless maybe 0708 is right and Hunter is simply that good.  

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Are we sure there will be a #4?  I know CoachSS said the staff expects a 4 man class but that would mean someone is transferring.  I will say that assuming we land TJD, Brooks, and an out of state forward that front court is absolutely stacked.  Race has already burned his transfer year so he's staying and Deron would be too old to transfer.  Someone would have to go.  Unless maybe 0708 is right and Hunter is simply that good.  

I'll just reiterate what I've said in other threads. I expect a transfer not every year but probably 2 out of 3 years. Not because the kids don't love IU or staff...but kids want to play. If we are getting who we think we are....there are probably 2-3 kids who will be sitting on the bench saying darn I love it here but I want to play 25 per game not watch. And I have zero problem with that.

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I dont know how we get there but plan A is a 4 man class.  I am not nearly smart enough to figure out how we get there or if we can but i do know that is what is expected.

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont know how we get there but plan A is a 4 man class.  I am not nearly smart enough to figure out how we get there or if we can but i do know that is what is expected.

If we're waiting until Spring to take #4 then it makes total sense.  By then I'd expect the staff to know if someone is transferring or going to the draft.  I just don't want to over commit now and then be forced into spring Creaning if everyone stays.

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I would think Davis might be a grad transfer candidate if he's set to graduate, not getting enough playing time due to his injury putting behind too many on the depth chart and/or fit in CAM's system, etc.

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we're waiting until Spring to take #4 then it makes total sense.  By then I'd expect the staff to know if someone is transferring or going to the draft.  I just don't want to over commit now and then be forced into spring Creaning if everyone stays.

You are correct.  If #4 comes it will be in the Spring. KB does not want to take the risk of being #4

14 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I would think Davis might be a grad transfer candidate if he's set to graduate, not getting enough playing time due to his injury putting behind too many on the depth chart and/or fit in CAM's system, etc.

My thoughts as well if he can’t get significant minutes this year and if we add TJD could see him grad transferring. 

Archived