2019 MLB Discussion

rico

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nothing shocks me in baseball anymore. Usually the best team wins a 7 game series.....but Astros win this in 6 I'm trying to think of a collapse in recent memory that would compare. I'm probably missing an obvious one but we'll see.

The Braves that one year....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So I was knee deep in football all day and didn't watch the game last night. Were balls and strikes that bad? Or just magnified because of the stage??

Barksdale wasn't Eric Gregg bad, but he was far from perfect. 

Bring on the electronic strike zone!

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So I was knee deep in football all day and didn't watch the game last night. Were balls and strikes that bad? Or just magnified because of the stage??

I watched some of the game, but the story of the night was not balls and strikes, rather boobs.  Apparently, a couple of women were caught on live TV behind home plate flashing Gerrit Cole.  It has popped up on youtube, if you missed it live.

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I watched some of the game, but the story of the night was not balls and strikes, rather boobs.  Apparently, a couple of women were caught on live TV behind home plate flashing Gerrit Cole.  It has popped up on youtube, if you missed it live.

Saw this morning. Their insta models. Have been doing it for awhile. Probably gained a 100k followers today alone. Smart move for them. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Justin Verlander is 0-5 in the World Series.  Is tonight the night he breaks through with a series clinching victory.  I believe so.

Houston going all Houston tonight. Hakeem Olajuwon throwing out first pitch to Clyde Drexler. I believe Astros do it as well. Funny how sports work. Will be interesting to see if Nats take this and build off of it or go the Atlanta Falcons route and never recover from being so close to a World Title only to be never heard from again. 

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you're watching the game tonight, I'll be there, second row behind home plate.  During the 7th inning, I'll be promoting testicular cancer awareness.  :coffee:

All of which reminds me of a baseball joke...

A guy takes his new girlfriend to her first major league baseball game. The first batter hits the ball and the guy jumps up and yells, "Run baby, run!" So his girlfriend jumps up and yells "Run baby, run!"

Second guy come up, hits the ball and the guy jumps up and yells, "Run baby, run!" So his girlfriend jumps up and yells "Run baby, run!"

Third guy gets up and walks. As he's going to first the girlfriend jumps up and yells "Run baby, run!" The guys says, "No no...he got 4 balls."

To which she jumps up and yells, "Strut baby, strut!"

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

All of which reminds me of a baseball joke...

A guy takes his new girlfriend to her first major league baseball game. The first batter hits the ball and the guy jumps up and yells, "Run baby, run!" So his girlfriend jumps up and yells "Run baby, run!"

Second guy come up, hits the ball and the guy jumps up and yells, "Run baby, run!" So his girlfriend jumps up and yells "Run baby, run!"

Third guy gets up and walks. As he's going to first the girlfriend jumps up and yells "Run baby, run!" The guys says, "No no...he got 4 balls."

To which she jumps up and yells, "Strut baby, strut!"

How about the Harry Carey line about kissing after each pitch. I kiss her on the strikes and you kiss me on the balls. Not sure if real or just urban legend but funny none the less

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

How about the Harry Carey line about kissing after each pitch. I kiss her on the strikes and you kiss me on the balls. Not sure if real or just urban legend but funny none the less

I've heard that one too...not sure if it's true, but it's sure funny!

49 minutes ago, rico said:

And we will get a game 7.

The 2 sweetest words in sports...

And a very interesting matchup...a guy who's had anxiety issues and doesn't seem to care for the spotlight (Greinke) vs the ultimate bulldog (Scherzer)...

But for some reason, I'm still picking the Astros...

Archived