2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So...… How much money have the Vegas odds-makers lost?

Who would have thought the Nats would put a beat down on the Stros to go back to D.C. up 2 games to none?

Mattress Mack is a little more nervous this morning. He's bet $10M himself on Houston winning series. Baseball is a weird game so not counting Astros out yet but didn't see 2-0 coming at all for Nationals.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I wonder what Joe's plans are for the Phils?  Roster wise.

I don't know their team well enough. I think more than anything he brings a win immediately approach. Owner has and will spend hundreds of millions and he wants a return. Fans seem to be very happy. 

I would assume this means Espada to Giants now. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

For the cub fans here, thoughts on Ross?

I'll put it like this...Ross wasn't my first choice (Girardi was) simply because at this point, I don't think the Cubs need a "friend." They need someone who's going to hold them accountable. I know Ross was a clubhouse leader when he was a player, but being a peer is much different from being "the boss" in a leadership role. I hope he can make the adjustment.

That said, I don't think Girardi is a good fit for the Phillies. Just a gut feeling.

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

For the cub fans here, thoughts on Ross?

To me anything was going to be a step down from Maddon. Time will tell I guess. Ross was hard on the guys when they were playing so I think the narrative of saying he's a buddy is a bit overblown. 

My issue with Cubs in last two years has been more of a macro. If you bat .212 with risp for 2 seasons in a row it doesn't matter who you  have as manager. PS....I made that stat up but the point remains the players have to perform. They haven't. 

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To me anything was going to be a step down from Maddon. Time will tell I guess. Ross was hard on the guys when they were playing so I think the narrative of saying he's a buddy is a bit overblown. 

My issue with Cubs in last two years has been more of a macro. If you bat .212 with risp for 2 seasons in a row it doesn't matter who you  have as manager. PS....I made that stat up but the point remains the players have to perform. They haven't. 

Yeah, that BA with RISP will kill ya every time.  So will leaving a guy on third with less than 2 out.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I did not expect that move, we shall see if it backfires.

Sanchez pitched pretty well, but a bloop by Reddick and some shoddy fielding put him behind. Greinke wasn't exactly lights out, but he wiggled out of a ton a trouble and left with the lead after 4 2/3rds...

And I always love it when a bit player like Cherinos pops a World Series home run...I was even happy when Cardinal Tom Lawless cranked one against the Twinks in 87 (plus, the Cards lost the series, so double prizes).

Memories for those guys for a lifetime...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sanchez pitched pretty well, but a bloop by Reddick and some shoddy fielding put him behind. Greinke wasn't exactly lights out, but he wiggled out of a ton a trouble and left with the lead after 4 2/3rds...

And I always love it when a bit player like Cherinos pops a World Series home run...I was even happy when Cardinal Tom Lawless cranked one against the Twinks in 87 (plus, the Cards lost the series, so double prizes).

Memories for those guys for a lifetime...

Well we got a series now...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Astros decided to wake up it appears. Amazing how 48 hours can change things for a series and a franchise. Urquidy made good work of his 67 pitches and Astros bats got support early. Easy concept when it works. Haha.

Boy, the Nats bullpen, at least in the middle, is terrible. Rainey and Suero are unreliable, and Rodney really stunk it up. If Scherzer and Strasburg can't get into the late innings, it looks bad for the Nats.

That, coupled with the fact they're 1-19 with RISP the last 2 games is killing them. 

Last 3 games (if necessary) should be high drama.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Anybody thinking Houston in 6?

Nothing shocks me in baseball anymore. Usually the best team wins a 7 game series.....but Astros win this in 6 I'm trying to think of a collapse in recent memory that would compare. I'm probably missing an obvious one but we'll see.

Archived